Posted: Oct 9th 2008 7:55PM Scopique said

Man, am I glad I re-upped for Co... The devs need to get some real recognition for not only bringing us a "break from the norm" MMO in a market of high fantasy, but also for coming up with these great ideas.

Bravo, Co... Team...Bra-VO.

Posted: Oct 10th 2008 12:04PM (Unverified) said

I've long maintained to friends that CoH is the best MMO out there. WoW may get the big numbers, but the fun I've experienced playing CoX was not matched playing WoW. The playing community and the developers all love and enjoy the game; and that kind of dedication makes the playing experience unique.

Posted: Oct 10th 2008 12:52PM (Unverified) said

i just find the whole concept odd you get stuff for not playing the game......

Posted: Oct 10th 2008 5:40PM (Unverified) said

Why?

The "stuff" you get is a result of doing a specific task (logging out at place X) over a period of time (30 days). There are small benefits for logging at the place while offline. but nothing earth-shattering. After achieving 2 badges for the day job feature, you combine them for a special power or buff.

i mean, it is not like you are getting free cookies and ice cream, or some extra money in your mailbox, for not playing. You get a reward for doing something (logging in one place). Not NOT doing something.

Posted: Oct 10th 2008 6:43PM starka1 said

I liked the idea until I read you basically need to "recharge" any of the benefits. If I read it correctly, even after you get the Day Job badge, you would need to spend 8-10 days offline to get the bonus for 2 hours of play. I'm ok with that on the temp powers such as the baton or ally heal but for the extra movement speed, extra salvage drop at end of mission, extra influence, etc., I don't really like it. I think I will wait until it goes Live and read player feedback on how useful it actually is. Considering it takes 30 days to get each Day Job badge and there are 12 badges listed at this time, I would hope some of those "extras" would be permanently on.