Posted: Oct 9th 2008 12:04PM (Unverified) said

Your info is incorrect. You have listed that the retail stores get 3 in-game tokens and the digital download gets 1 in-game token. However, its the other way around, with the retail getting 1 in-game token and the digital getting 3 in-game tokens. This can be found on the http://moria.lotro.com flash site. When you click on "Preorder Now for Special Offers" and mouse over each option you will see it's the opposite of what Massively posts.

Posted: Oct 9th 2008 12:17PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Anyone still play this?? I mean its ok for a PVE game but the end content is extremely boring... Thats why I canceled my account many months ago... :-\

Posted: Oct 9th 2008 12:27PM (Unverified) said

David -- this game has a healthy number of subscribers that have consistently stayed with the game. Myself... I've been in the game since closed beta and purchased a lifetime subscription on day 1. So, yes, lots of people still play this game and many more will come. Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean there aren't 250,000 others who think just like you. This game isn't like WoW where its a zerg rush to the end game content, without a care in the world toward the story. LotRO is all about the journey to the end and thankfully not about an elitest attitude where only the largest guilds have access to the best of everything the game has to offer!

Posted: Oct 9th 2008 12:40PM (Unverified) said

You cancelled months ago. And that qualifies you to comment on the current state of the game, how?

Posted: Oct 9th 2008 2:59PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Just trying to make sure other people don't spend their money on a game that will not last long... its not as bad as AOC but its pretty close... :-\

Posted: Oct 9th 2008 3:24PM (Unverified) said

Won't last long?

It's faring better than Tabula Rasa

It's lasted longer than AoC without any server merges.

It isn't WoW, but LotRO isn't dying by any measure. This game has been around with constant free content updates since April of last year. Apparently there is enough money to add two regions, several endgame instances of different scales and many regional revamps for free before it's first paid expansion.

I think LotRO is doing pretty good.

Posted: Oct 9th 2008 12:39PM (Unverified) said

I'll probably buy it

Posted: Oct 9th 2008 1:48PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Oh look...LOTRO

/snooze

Posted: Oct 9th 2008 1:57PM (Unverified) said

Oh look... and idiot

/snooze

Posted: Oct 9th 2008 2:03PM (Unverified) said

Oh look... A pointless negative opinion that no one cares about...

/snooze

If you are a 'hardcore, live with your parents because RL is to hard so you drain away your time into a pixel game' type player, then yes this will be boring for you because it is possible for a casual player to compete with hardcore players with the way this game is designed. That is why some people complain about the end game, because they can't be the best evar or get enough attention for beating the pixels.

I love this game and have alot of fun playing from level 1-50 and now we will got to 60. I've played since closed beta and there is still 'end game content' that I still want to do, but I've been so distracted by all the other end game content that I haven't been able to do everything yet. I probably play about 20 hours per week.

If its not the game for you, then why bother commenting.

Posted: Oct 9th 2008 2:03PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
That would be

"...AN Idiot"

(working on the correction of mis-spellers everywhere!)

Cheers

Posted: Oct 9th 2008 2:04PM hami83 said

People who bash this game are idiots.
For what it's suppose to do, it's an amazing game.

The graphics are beautiful and the PvE I feel is far superior to WoW.

I only stopped playing this game because the people I play with left for AoCfail and then Warhammer (Which I now play) but if I knew at least 1 person that played LotRO, I'd probably still play it.

Posted: Oct 9th 2008 2:08PM (Unverified) said

@Not Ray Hayes

Why bother commenting

Simple, the game is not that popular, and this expansion has a lot of changes to a great IP and the actual works of Tolkien that would make the man turn in his grave.
All we need to do is look at the promo images, see the "Pink Brained" creature, and we can easily note what a joke LOTRO is making of such a well loved series..

And the game is boring even with 20 hours...sorry.

I honestly think only fans of the game that paid their lifetime memberships are the only ones who care about this news.

Posted: Oct 9th 2008 2:27PM (Unverified) said

So because you think it's not that popular (no facts here, just your opinion) and because you can read JRR Tolkien's mind and know how he would feel about this(again, not possible to know), you think it somehow beneficial to someone to post your pointless negative comments?

No one cares if you think it's boring, me and MANY others enjoy it. So LOTRO don't have as many subscribers as other games? So what? It is successful, profitable, and enjoyable for me and the people who pay their subscriptions. That is what matters, not your opinion about a game you don't even play.

You are wrong about a lot of things and your ignorance about the game is very clear.

Good Day Sir.

Posted: Oct 9th 2008 2:33PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
I do find it amusing that you get so "angry" over a simple post. Almost as if you believe what is said.

If I had to base an opinion on all previous material released by Tolkien. Approved art books, written research, I still see Tolkien turning in his grave.

Sorry, but 150-200k population does not "a popular game" make. It makes it "acceptable" to the few hardcore lore freaks who because they recognize a name or two think that LOTRO is the TRUE game.

It is a shallow MMO, with a horrible UI, badly done animations and character visuals, boring quest lines with enough extinction of boars and bears quests to kill any normal human.

All I see here are temperamental fanbois whining cause their "Favorite MMO" is being discussed in a less than admirable light.

Posted: Oct 9th 2008 3:05PM (Unverified) said

I have never been angry about anything that has happened online or in a game. An assertive factual statement does not constitute anger.

It is clear you have some problem with the game and that if you did play, you didn't like it. Fine, don't like it, don't play it, hate it even, but don't be a troll, it makes you look bad.

LOTRO is not for everyone, but it is a great game for those who enjoy it. If that is not you, then seriously why bother commenting? If you think its your place rid the world of "bad mmo's" then go start a blog instead of trolling the announcement posts.

There is nothing you will be convinced of so have your last words and let the readers make up their minds.

Posted: Oct 9th 2008 2:54PM Softserve said

The game is clearly popular enough to continue to get sizable content updates through subscription and see an expansion pack. I'm not sure what other standards it should be judged by. It's not pulling WoW or WAR numbers, so I guess it's not worth the time?

I don't know about anyone else, but I've found plenty of things to do in the end game. Furthermore, the game's been out about a year and a half and is seeing a sizable endgame expansion. Guess that's not good enough.

Personally I've not seen anything out of Moria that's so unbelievably out there that it is impossible... Particularly considering that the books barely discuss creatures in the area beyond them being awful.

For better or worse, SZC and Tokien Enterprises have to approve lore usage and additions to this game. They have. People can disagree with it, but you know, that's how things are.

People don't have to like these things, but you have to wonder when those same people have a majority of the comments on these articles.

Continue to not play it and move on already. All I see is a guy who can't let something go and be content with the fact that some people will defend a game they enjoy just like you spend as much time attacking a game you don't. Big difference there, huh?

Posted: Oct 9th 2008 9:02PM (Unverified) said

I just have to say that you are the BIGGEST voice of reason I have ever seen on a message board/forum/whatever. Always cool headed, always fair, always make sense. You give me faith in people on the internet.

Posted: Oct 9th 2008 4:09PM Jesspiper said

This is easily, hands down, the best MMORPG I have ever played. Despite what a handful of ignorant naysayers think/speculate, the game is absolutely awesome and all content is approved by Tolkien Enterprises before it can even leave the concept stage. Yes that's right, Tolkien Enterprises are directly involved in the game. That's about as officially Tolkien-sanctioned as you can get.

As for game play, it is easily the undisputed master of PvE and free content upgrades. I have tried over 10 MMOPRG's and for overall PVE, social elements, graphics, immersion and quality LOTRO is by far the best.

I for one am happy it doesn't have millions of subscribers. 200,000-500,000 is more than enough for me. Anymore and you get the smacktard influx of the ignorant masses pouring into your community and LOTRO has one of the most mature communities in any MMORPG. I wouldn't trade our community for mass market success ever!

The servers are full, the game is doing well and the Tolkien Enterprise-approved content (both free and paid) is gushing out from the Turbine. What more could a fan of Middle-Earth ask for?

Posted: Oct 9th 2008 4:52PM TheJackman said

The thing I not can stand of this game is the models and the slow combat. And it no where have the epic feeling I had in the movie...

One Shots: The sacred bosom dance