Posted: Oct 7th 2008 12:23PM (Unverified) said

I grabbed this last night. Be warned. Once you have the file, expect about an hour to install, then about 4 hours of patching (over 18,000 files to download according to the update manager).

Posted: Oct 7th 2008 12:45PM (Unverified) said

also note northern US only too

pfft :/

Posted: Oct 7th 2008 1:05PM mandarin said

This game defines the word 'grind'

Posted: Oct 7th 2008 10:13PM The Last Metroid said

Can you still not get anything accomplished without a group past lvl 15?

Posted: Oct 11th 2008 2:25AM (Unverified) said

They have increased the amount of XP off EP (easy prey) mobs. But leveling solo outside of roughly lvl 12-15 is pretty nasty.

However, the new leveling system was introduced in the Sep. update. It allows players of any level to participate with lower level players. The mode allows a player to maintain current gear without having to buy new lower level equipment. If for instance a lvl 75 player parties with a level 20 player, and the mode is switched on, the lvl 75 players stats and gear stats will be reduced the that of a level 20 player. This way he can party with the level 20 player and still receive max XP with no reduction from the level difference as occurred previous to the update. This mode works for any level player. And all players levels in the party will be reduced to that of the lowest level player.

This way you don't have to search for players of your level. You can find needed jobs of any level, have them reduced to the level of the lowest party member, and XP in the appropriate area for that member and still get full XP. Good stuff!

Posted: Oct 7th 2008 10:50PM (Unverified) said

unless they rehaul the registration and installation process I remain uninterested (and so should you, it's painful)

Posted: Oct 8th 2008 1:05AM Softserve said

It's the same as it was as far as registration goes. I had it when it first came out and it's still the long, annoying, painful procedure it always was. I love that the PlayOnline Viewer still just says "copyright 2001" on the bottom. That sounds about right.

I'm glad they've FINALLY given out a free trial to anyone out there. I wanted to try it again, but I've been sitting here on AT&T's most expensive DSL and the patch process is 75% done over 5 hours later.

We'll see beyond that. I've heard it's a bit more solo friendly than it used to be. Honestly, I've just wanted to see how it would run on a better computer now lol.

Global Chat: Doom and WAAAGH!

Posted on Jul 22nd 2014 8:00PM