Posted: Oct 6th 2008 5:23PM gemski said

I bought it. Nice flavor text but I wouldn't recommend at all. You do get a 10% increase leveling item though. Has 3 charges, each lasting for 2 hours. Haven't tried it yet.

Posted: Oct 6th 2008 6:35PM JohnD212 said

I bought both (in a pack) and though I haven't used them...they are well done. There is a lot of extra reading to really entertain the Warhammer crowd. The Atlas is nice to look areas you haven't gone to yet or to see where something is within a city.

Are they well done? Yes....

Are they worth the cost? No... unless you LOVE Warhammer!

Posted: Oct 6th 2008 5:45PM (Unverified) said

People still buy strategy guides?

Posted: Oct 6th 2008 6:16PM preciousj said

I bought it, nice little bonus and I wanted the class charts though. The flavor text drives me nuts. I play a shaman and the "funny" text makes it harder to just find out what you want to know. Also, 90 percent of this guide is devoted to class types. Not much in the way of anything else. Pass.

Posted: Oct 6th 2008 11:57PM (Unverified) said

The atlas has proven useful maybe 3 times (mostly getting around IC and altdorf). The strategy guide does have some decent suggestions for what spells/attacks to use in what situations but the stuff I really wanted, tomb unlocks, easter eggs, etc is non existent.
That and a bunch of the stuff is outdated, so much so that I actually was looking for the hammerer and blackguard guides in there =P
Wiki's are far more useful than strat guides, and ALLOT cheaper. G-stoppo doesnt want you to know that though!

Posted: Oct 6th 2008 6:41PM Rich said

Whatever you do, DO NOT buy the E-Guide version of it.

It uses a proprietary viewer for the password protected PDF file. The viewer is slow, has no page scrolling features, no internal bookmark/links and if you want to navigate from page to page, you have to use the "next" button at the top.

Posted: Oct 6th 2008 6:43PM (Unverified) said

the only reason I bought this sodding book (I'm well aware of the 'tactical value' of these abominations) is for that sodding code for the XP booster.

Only problem is that the flipping code doesn't work on the european servers...

IT DOESN'T EVEN FIT THE BOXES... sigh.

Well, I tried putting it in the Cd-key box, that seemed to be the suggested route online and in the book. But it just doesn't fit. Also, a plea for help to Mythic got the helpful response of keep trying.

Ah, well... The game still rocks (even if something stops me from being able to roll an order character for very lonG)

Posted: Oct 6th 2008 7:16PM The Last Metroid said

The guide was already out of date from day one. It lists the Sorcs AoE root to last 5 seconds. It lasts 10.

StarCraft II: An MMO player's perspective