Posted: Oct 5th 2008 2:40PM Abriael said

The solution is very simple. if one wants to talk, he can do it first, and people will respond. I always talk when i join an open group/warband, and people respond to me. It's not like they completely ignore you if you start a conversation.

Posted: Oct 5th 2008 2:46PM JohnD212 said

There are more problems than chat. Public Quests are empty...Scenario ques take forever. I was in que to play a scenario last night for 3 hours and never got picked. The quests in the game are simply too easy and crafting is totally lacking anything creative. I love the potential this game has...but as it is now...its broken and Mythic seems reluctant to want to fix things that would effect all players. They keep fixing small problems or things that effect a very few players.

Its nice to see Massively LOVES this game so much that they won't fully report on the real problems the community of the game is feeling. Perhaps they're still using their free accounts provided to them by Mythic?

Posted: Oct 5th 2008 5:02PM Idle said

Ah, the anti-WAR preacher responds. It's an interesting read going back and looking at all of your past comments. Kinda makes me want to take anything you have to say with a grain of salt.

Posted: Oct 6th 2008 3:33PM (Unverified) said

Take anything John says with a bucket of salt.

Posted: Oct 5th 2008 4:15PM Valentina said

The game doesn't have many issues, except for the fact chats are less active in this game. But the game gets so involved that you don't really have time to sit there and read chat channels, and the fact they don't have zone-wide chat channels yet doesn't help. They're working on the chat system, and listening to player feedback on the issue.

PQ's are active, there's multiple PQ's in a zone, and some of them are better than others, you just have to find them. People don't always have open parties.

Posted: Oct 5th 2008 4:24PM Graill440 said

These few folks hit on the very things we said day one in beta before a first patch was even released, to see the blogs here that the problems still exist is making me wonder if mythic is taking lessons from AOC. These couple with problemes identified in patch 4, the constant disconnects that are still happening have to at least make the player base question mythics ethics.

Posted: Oct 5th 2008 4:39PM SgtBaker said

I'd say quiet public channels are a bonus - I always turn that crap off when possible. They're usually just outlets for trolls and idiots to promote whatever agenda they happen to be on. Having intelligent discussions on public channels? ..Yeah, it's been a while I saw one..

When I join open group I usually start an conversation - and most people actually join in, which is great! That works for me if I'm feeling lonely.

I do have a problem though (that others here have already mentioned) - I play very casual hours (and often off-peak hours) and getting left behind by the servers main leveling majority means most PQ's are no-go (my server is also only Medium populated) for me, unless they can be completed by a group of two (haven't found too many of them yet).

Yes, I can grind influence enough to get the points to buy the epic rewards, but the loot bags are where the good stuff is. Would be nice to get one :-)

That's pretty much my only "complaint" so far..

Posted: Oct 5th 2008 11:49PM (Unverified) said

I have gone back to WoW, something I never thought I would do. The game is an isolationists dream, and stunningly boring sometimes. I had really high hopes for the game but right now it just isn't delivering.

Posted: Oct 6th 2008 12:35AM TheJackman said

Oh man give this guys a break the game is only two weeks out. People getting started playing and more people join the game every day! the chat soon will be full with chuck and mrT :D

Posted: Oct 6th 2008 1:34AM Nadril said

I'm amazed, all of these people here just expecting other players to run up to them and start up a conversation whenever they get lonely.

If you are "lonely" in WAR then it is your own damn fault. Join a guild. Be more active on the forums (gets you noticed). Hell, maybe actually try to talk to someone else for a change?

I don't know about you all, but for me the community on my server is excelent. As a T4 black orc I was worried about the current... lack of players in T4. And, it is true, we do lack Destruction T4 on my server at the moment.

However to make up for it all of the destro T4 (which is like.. 20 or 30 guys) that are active ALL know each other. We do warbands every day, doing keep sieges... PQ's... dungeons (did bastion stairs the other day) and just about whatever else you could think of.

These are players from all different guilds and playstyles that all have gotten together for one common goal. You NEVER saw this in WoW, as everyone was so entirely anti-social towards anyone not in their guild that it didn't matter. In WoW PvP was a nameless affair, not often would you remember the players name you had just played with, because you'd never see him again.

Take the time and make friends. Mythic has laid out the groundwork and it is all about the community now.

So, really, if you are bored find other people. It's not hard, and mythic gave a hundred ways to actually get in touch with others.

Posted: Oct 6th 2008 3:50AM Jeromai said

People are getting lazier and lazier as a whole. And selfish to boot. The whole world apparently must revolve around them.

The game's so well designed to throw easy action in one's face that one is surprised when things magically don't fall into place as the game ramps up and gets harder. Then it seems easier to just lurk in the forums and bitch that it got too hard.

Of course you have to make the effort to meet people and do things and perhaps even rally them together.

Assume 95% of them will be lazy slackers who will just go with the flow, and whatever's easiest. At least WAR can channel them into being vaguely useful in RvR or PQs.

It's a rare 5% that are willing to talk and become 'centers' of focus and gather people to their banner to go do stuff.

And if you're too lazy to be that 5% from time to time, then yeah, you're doomed to a quiet life of solo questing in any MMO because everyone else finds it easier too.

It boggles my mind that some people I've seen, cannot even find the Open Groups button and join the party themselves. Even after explanation that a group is open. It is apparently easier for them to spam demand 'invite pls' x 10 until someone invites them.