Posted: Oct 2nd 2008 1:43PM (Unverified) said

Ahh this is a breath of fresh air. after the gem nerf and with the implimentation of pvp gear alot of people where worried that the crafting professions where done for and a waste of time. with the announced changes in patch 3 and beyond its going to give the economy a nice boost and some depth to a semi-marginal system. YIPEE!

Posted: Oct 2nd 2008 1:45PM postman said

Oh yes and they said Ymirs pass may still come in patch 3, its just not on TL yet. its in the game, just not open, same with Taratia commons

Posted: Oct 2nd 2008 1:53PM (Unverified) said

This one major change has convinced me to renew my Age of Conan subscription.

Posted: Oct 2nd 2008 3:19PM (Unverified) said

Too late for me... got addicted to WAR and their amazing PVP... why would I go back to a game that has a publisher that lies to their customers and treats them like crap? :-\

Posted: Oct 2nd 2008 4:51PM (Unverified) said

amazing that a new game director can pull of! seems Failcom had a very serious leadership issue there. Lets see if they manage to become Fun again...

Posted: Oct 2nd 2008 5:43PM (Unverified) said

I think this is great and all, but the damage is already done. I quit after one week and $50 because the game was so terrible. I know I am not alone on this, most of my gaming friends feel the same way. So how are they going to get people to come back?

That last part was rhetorical of course. Fool me once shame on you...etc.

As far as I am concerned AoC is a failure. Nothing they are going to do will win back the people they so casually and remorselessly fleeced by pawning off software that was not even beta quality in my mind. Funcom can go pound sand, their brand name is garbage to me now. Clown shoes.

Posted: Oct 2nd 2008 7:52PM (Unverified) said

It is amazing how many people are trying bury Aoc.Aoc makes the positive changes that they where asking for when they playing the game.Slowly Aoc is becoming the game they wanted but people keep on saying aoc is dead.Basically they want aoc to be bad game because they had a bad exp..It will take some repair its image but second pvp patch and craft change moves conan in right direction.

Posted: Oct 2nd 2008 8:33PM Jeromai said

I'm encouraged. In a year's time, Age of Conan might actually be decent enough to return back to. It's great if the new director can pull AoC out of the slump it was in. The graphics were stunning, the combat had a different feel to it. The incompetent and late attempts at patching were what finally drove me away. For the record, nerfing before fixing is not something to do to inspire confidence. It just suggested that there was no one who had a clue behind the helm.

AoC has been schizophrenic, though. It see-saws up and down. They look good one moment, and then they fubar something horrendous the next. If they manage to maintain this consistency over the months, then they've indeed pulled out of their slump. Subscription fee = consistency and confidence required.

Posted: Oct 2nd 2008 9:10PM TheJackman said

great news I still feel burned with my hurry to get into the game but I still "own" it and look like I may get some more fun for that 60 bucks one day.

Funcom keep the updates and fixes going and I will be back! And please make sure that fired game director never can get a job anywhere again!!

Posted: Oct 2nd 2008 11:30PM (Unverified) said

There is never a single cause to any effect in real life.

Swordsman launches today