Posted: Sep 30th 2008 6:00PM JohnD212 said

hundreds of thousands of hours of gameplay out there over the next couple of years .... yah ... of course he wants us to fall for that cause then they would make a significant profit on a game that is broken out of the box. Try doing Public Quests with no one around ... Try doing RVR when the classes are not balanced. Here's the only way to have any fun in the game... join Destruction and make sure it was a week ago so you don't find yourself alone trying to do PUblic Quests that no one is doing anymore.

Sad

Posted: Sep 30th 2008 6:12PM Rollins said

Funny, I play Order and still find people to do PQs with. Hell, we don't do terribly in scenarios and we're okay with getting objectives as well. The only problem is amassing a force large enough to take a keep, but I rarely play during primetime hours anyhow.

Posted: Sep 30th 2008 6:30PM (Unverified) said

Alright John, if you didn't join a populated server, then it answers the problems you encountered. I am in the order on Iron Rock and all is fine. You do understand that MMOG's are about the top tier right? If you only played tier one you would point out exactly what you did.

I would have to say Don't hate the game, hate the player in your case...

Posted: Sep 30th 2008 6:18PM Softserve said

There definitely are a lot of barren PQs... but you know, there's a few in each tier and I've almost always been able to find one that was active enough to complete. If not, I go do something else for a while and try it again later. It's not been a major problem.

I do wonder if it's something that will become more of an issue as time goes on though.

Posted: Sep 30th 2008 6:27PM (Unverified) said

The solution to empty PQs has been pretty simple with my guild, I just ask my guildies. It's pretty easy to fill up a PQ if you just start asking people. Though I do with this game's general channel sucked less. It needs to not be broken up as much as it is. If that was the case, it'd be easy to do PQs

Posted: Sep 30th 2008 6:31PM (Unverified) said

Pfft, if you're in a guild, which is a huge part of this game, doing PQ's or anything else for that matter is a piece of cake.

Posted: Sep 30th 2008 6:44PM Nadril said

T1 and T2 PQ's for the most part can be done by 2 or 3 people, as long as one is a tank and another a healer. I've 4-5 manned most of the T1, T2 and T3 PQ's with a Black Orc (me) / Chosen / DoK / Zealot.

Posted: Sep 30th 2008 6:58PM (Unverified) said

I think the main complaint is the lack of tanks for earlier pq's for certain races. Namely dark elves and empire. Unless your lucky enough to have a tank wander over to your tier 1 areas from the others its not so bad. Trying to tank sigal (or whatever) the dragon with a DoK and 6 sorcerers is monty python style hilarious. Tier2 people start leaving their starting areas more and its not such a big issue. But it is really painful, especially figuring the two most popular dps classes both start out in tankless zones.

Posted: Sep 30th 2008 7:59PM (Unverified) said

The problem here is YOU, John. Not Mythic, not other players. You don't like the game because of a choice you made and choices you continue to make and you refuse to let that be true. There is a pretty considerable amount of servers with either full or high populations on both sides, some of which don't have queues, you could choose to play on ANY of those and you don't.

You have this misguided opinion that MMO developers should be able to fill every server to capacity and that is simply rediculous. WoW even has a high percentage of servers that are low population. Don't come on here bringing your hate because you dig holes for yourself that you refuse to climb out of. Get on a higher pop server or quit, either way, stop being a spoiled child.

Posted: Sep 30th 2008 7:16PM JohnD212 said

Really won't matter guys....the game will be but a small blip on the radar in a few months. I've been on this rollercoaster called MMO's before.... for months and months everyone screamed Age of Conan is going to be the greatest....where's that? Why aren't you all playing that???

It's just a case of people not seeing things for what they are. I joined a less populated server because I believed Mythic would sell enough to fill the many servers they had created. Turns out everyone jumps on one server and then complain and complain about ques to get on it.

I'll check back with you guys in 6 months....problem is...you'll all be on LIch King telling me you're still playing Warhammer.....lol....so fun!

Posted: Sep 30th 2008 10:37PM (Unverified) said

Try running wailing caverns alone. PQ's are group content. Find a group.

Posted: Oct 1st 2008 7:40AM Graill440 said

Glad to see a few folks having a great time. With this latest pr piece i think we will see a few reports as some leak out about the balance being affected by folks not being able to login or stay logged in, thus quitting before even playing the game, possibly a reason for low pop servers and them using this piece to try and keep folks before they run off.

Maybe, maybe not, it will be interesting to see in a few months if anything does come out accidently.

Posted: Oct 1st 2008 8:17AM (Unverified) said

There's 1 idiot in every group. Lets just get back to having a lot of fun playing Warhammer. i would imagine the John character is a whiny bitch ingame anyway...sod off and let others have fun. Fag.

Posted: Oct 1st 2008 10:47AM (Unverified) said

In my medical opinion, I think John is a classic example of someone with a condition I call WoWitis. His symptoms of irrational nerd rage and desperately trying to convince us that "WAR sucks" based upon his ignorant rantings are symptoms caused by one or more of the following causes.

A) He doesn't have the PC to run it...therefore the game must suck.

B) He sees friends and guildmates in WoW leaving to try WAR. This creates an irrational hatred towards the game, as well as the need to convince the world that WAR is bad so his friends come back, as well as rationalize his stubborn refusal to try it.

C) He actually likes WAR deep down, but feels that he has too much time invested, too many friends, too high an Arena Rating...etc etc to leave WoW, turning what should be a fun pass time into a job he feels obligated to endure. He rationalizes this by claiming "WAR sucks" so subconsciously he won't feel the urge to play it.

The treatment? Grow up you whiny little bitch. If you don't like WAR fine, but trying to convince everyone else? Just makes you look like a moron. Go play WoW. Enjoy your never ending hamster wheel of grindtastic fun. We'll be burning cities to the ground.

Take 2 doses of shut the f*ck up and call me in the morning.

Posted: Oct 1st 2008 1:16PM (Unverified) said

I've searched these forums fairly regularly for the past several months and have never commented on any posts. But this, my friend, is a classic work of art! :)

Posted: Oct 3rd 2008 1:31AM (Unverified) said

lol Megad00mer think's that he's hardc0re because he only plays edgy underground games like WAR instead of mass-market games like WoW.

Posted: Oct 3rd 2008 8:06AM (Unverified) said

I played WoW for 4 years actually. Since it first came out. Try again. :)

Posted: Oct 1st 2008 11:48AM Kyoji said

I beleive removing KoTBS from the game hurt order quite a bit. Empire PQ's toward the end of tier 2 and tier 3 are usually deserted and if you do find people to run them with, usually never finished because there just arent any tanks around. ( I play on Skull Throne where the queues get to around 300+ primetime, so its not low pop) Destruction also has 2 very attractive tank classes-Chosen and Black Orc. I see a LOT more of them than I do Ironbreakers/Swordmasters. I hear that Tier 3+ things get a bit more balanced in RVR, but I can recall a good many Tier 1 and 2 RVR scenarios wher we just got stomped repeatedly because the other side consists entirely of healers and tanks, especially mourkain temple.

Posted: Oct 1st 2008 12:38PM (Unverified) said

Agree with the lack of tanks in Empire PQs. I'm playing an Ironbreaker but doing the Empire tiers for the most part and more often than not I'm the only tank trying to keep aggro amidst a swath of DPSers (and a few priests).

Also agree with your scenario assessment. Consistently Tier 1 scenarios lack healers and tanks. Frequently I did Kaine's Embrace with only Archmages and SWs whilst playing my Bright Wiz and no one was healing and there just wasn't anyone to tank. The lack of a Human tank is definitely felt in the earlier tiers.

Do people just not want to play a Dwarf or an Elf? Or are the DPS classes just more fun? Are the self-sufficient generalists tending towards Warrior Priests? Enquiring minds want to know!

Posted: Oct 1st 2008 2:29PM Rihahn said

Having played everything Order has to offer to at least rank 12 now I can say with some authority that the easiest class to play through T1 is the archmage - very good DPS and the (usually free) healing during or after a fight makes for little down time and the massive collection of DOT/HOT spells make them well suited to PvP.

The rest of the classes have certain detractors to them that make them less appealing if you don't have a full-time group to run with...
The melee DPS witch hunter can certainly take someone / something apart in short order but without a healer there is considerable down time. These do remarkably well in PvP though if you focus on the skirt-wearing members of Destruction.
The two tanks, blademaster and ironbreaker, are similar in that they basically go until things erode their considerable health pools which make them healer dependent as well. The ironbreaker is probably your best bet if you're new to PvP - with the slower pace of PvP in WAR you'll get an opportunity to figure out what not to do without the insta-gib that some of the other classes get to deal with.
The ranged DPS, brightmage, engineer, and shadow warrior, are the same as the first two in that without a healer they're quickly screwed. And if PvP is the call of the day an enemy within arms reach kills them in very short order... As every Destruction class has some kind of snare by r10, range just doesn't happen all that often.

The jury is still out on the white lion pet class, for me at least.

This leaves the healers, the rune priest and the warrior priest. The rune priest is all but unstoppable in PvE/PvP but the low DPS makes for painful soloing and a lack of stopping power in Scenarios. The warrior priest has slightly better DPS, but the class mechanic requires them to get up in the grill of r11 destruction players, which combined with Order's lack of working healers gives them a life expectancy of about 4 seconds in PvP.

So, there ya have it. If you want to solo in WAR, play the Archmage. ;)
| 1 | 2 |