Posted: Sep 29th 2008 10:53AM (Unverified) said

I just wish the game had more actiong, I paid for a month for LotRO and was bored to death... :-\

WAR finally came out and I moved to that.... hehe =)

Posted: Sep 29th 2008 10:55AM JohnD212 said

sadly...you'll soon move from WAR to something else. Its boring too once you play for a while. They had a single vision with WAR and once you've done it several times it just plain blows. I've had the exact same looking armor since level one and I'm almost level 20....I call that lazy game design. LOTRO is good if you join a Fellowship. Like any MMO..its all about the group you play with.

Posted: Sep 29th 2008 10:53AM JohnD212 said

I want LOTRO on a console like I want someone to shove a fork in my nose.... can you imagine? Send them to City of Heroes...LOTRO is all about Lore and places and people from the books. Twitchy junkies are not needed.

Posted: Sep 29th 2008 11:46AM Softserve said

I play consoles more than PC games and I play LotRO regularly. It's hard to generalize like that.

Really, if they adopt a similar UI for any console version they'd effectively stop any twitchy action for players anyway. FFXI sure did.

Posted: Sep 29th 2008 1:32PM (Unverified) said

I still think DDO is the most logical choice. From more console friendly design in both combat and quests, to manic PVP.

Posted: Sep 29th 2008 4:41PM (Unverified) said

If there was good portability between the two, I think it might be nice to play LOTRO from the couch @ times. If they make console only servers, I would avoid those!

I am not sure how one can effectively play a MMO without a keyboard for chat. Voice is great, but it doesn't work well for tells, etc...

Posted: Sep 29th 2008 6:23PM (Unverified) said

I would love to have a MMO on the Xbox 360. I have a usb keyboard and mouse so interface wouldn't be a problem. Let's just hope it is 30 times better than the time wasting FFXI. Seeing Warhammer Online ported over would be a dream come true.

@john Please stop the qq about WAR. Just because you are a little pve fanboy who doesn't like getting his face smashed in doesn't mean that WAR is boring. Between the PQ rewards and the pvp gear my armor is constantly changing, so maybe you should go back to your WoW or LOTRO and grind out the same dungeon for the 800th time and hope that you win that piece of loot. Yeah that doesn't sound boring...

Posted: Sep 29th 2008 7:11PM Sangor said

@John we get the message you don't like WAR, I'm not a big fan of Warcraft but I don't mention it every time I post here.

Posted: Oct 7th 2008 7:21PM (Unverified) said

Why do you think an interface/ui designer means they're thinking of porting to console..?

They might just be finally redesigning the ui to something a little more workable. For example the skill menu needs work badly.

Posted: Oct 10th 2008 5:21PM (Unverified) said

Turbine is looking at adding an EVE-Online like in-game social networking/brower page, that allows for proifiles, achievements, videos, pictures, etc. to be shared in-game through the overlayed interface, refered to as My Lotro or something.

I would bet this UI designer is for that. There is an article about it somewhere out there.