Posted: Sep 26th 2008 5:09PM (Unverified) said

Lotro is fun. The mix of solo and group quests is awesome. If only they would tune the LFF tool and chat system a bit and add more raid content. :)

Posted: Sep 26th 2008 6:21PM (Unverified) said

I suspect they will choose to release an expansion that mirrors the path taken in the Hobbit for the next big expansion instead of Rohan. This would make for an obvious tie-in with the upcoming Hobbit movie!

Visiting Smaug's mountain, and touring the other areas would be great fun. I am sure a missed egg will have hatched into a Smaugling raid boss too...

Posted: Sep 26th 2008 7:22PM (Unverified) said

When they get to Erebor and Lake Town my account will have to be reactivated, although Rohan and Gondor would be a pretty strong pull too.

Posted: Sep 26th 2008 7:49PM Softserve said

It would be neat if they did some session quests based upon the Hobbit, if nothing else.

I'm honestly not sure if that book is covered under the license they have though...

Posted: Sep 26th 2008 10:17PM RogueJedi86 said

Most of the early Dwarf and Elf quests in Ered Luin seem to be based on The Hobbit, so doesn't that mean they do have the license?

Posted: Sep 27th 2008 12:19AM Softserve said

You're right there, actually. I've always been confused about this since they say their license is from SCZ... and I confuse what they own and what Christopher Tolkien owns.

Tolkien Enterprises is a trading name for Saul Zaentz Company (aka SCZ) and they own the rights to both the Hobbit and LotR. I'm not sure if Turbine's agreement with them covers the Hobbit per se, but I'd be surprised if they'd not be open to the idea if not.

That would be cool.

Posted: Sep 29th 2008 1:40PM Kyzgar said

Turbine has the licenses for both LotR and the Hobbit.

Posted: Sep 26th 2008 9:01PM (Unverified) said

Shouldn't further expansions and books follow the fellowship of the ring like it is now though?

After Lothlorien to Rohan then Gondor seems most likely to me. But then maybe that would be too predictable. :P

Posted: Sep 26th 2008 10:16PM RogueJedi86 said

Wouldn't the next expansion go to the Emyn Muil? It would at least need to be the next one with Rohan. I assume Lothlorien is covered in MoM, but is Mirkwood too? Once they hit Emyn Muil, do they also open up access to the Dead Marshes too? There's a lot they can do from there.

Posted: Sep 27th 2008 12:21AM Softserve said

Lothlorien is in the game. Mirkwood isn't, although they do have it on the new overworld map now. Turbine is doing normal book updates as well, like they have all along... maybe Mirkwood could be one of those as opposed to part of a future paid expansion?

Really, all of the cool places in the book (in my opinion) are from Moria on. I'm looking forward to seeing how they realize a lot of these areas.

And it's nice to see more than 2 people commenting on LotRO entries here :)

Posted: Sep 27th 2008 7:59AM (Unverified) said

How's the monster play these days?

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM