Posted: Sep 19th 2008 4:37PM Greeen said

cool, I will check this out, thanks for this post!

Posted: Sep 19th 2008 4:44PM (Unverified) said

Could you have, I don't know, maybe actually explained what the game IS? After reading this article I know it's called Star Wars Combine, is non-profit, is run by volunteers, but I have no clue what people actually do in the game.

Please, add another page describing the gameplay, and for future Indievelopment pieces tell us what the player does in the game!

Posted: Sep 20th 2008 10:20PM (Unverified) said

I have been playing the Combine for a couple of years now, so allow me to try and answer your question:

Players do everything.

I mean that, too. Naturally, being that the game is still being made (and probably always will be, to some extent) there are actions and activities that are not available yet. However, the Star Wars Combine tries to simulate an entire universe of activity. Players can engage in mining; ship, item, and vehicle production; facility construction; faction running/administration, and so on.

Basically, the Combine allows you to create a character within the Star Wars 'verse, and then do whatever you'd like. If you could do it in Star Wars, than eventually you'll be able to do it in the Combine.

I know that's vague, but I hope it helps somewhat.

Posted: Sep 20th 2008 4:13PM (Unverified) said

what the game is basicly its an online roleplaying game /simulation. game is browser based so nothing needs to be downloaded. no fuss no muss.

what we do in the game? well we interact on IRC channels and other various communication forms. including "darkness messages" the in game email systems. we are a bunch of players ranging in ages from 11 years on up i think our oldest member is 65. we have governments who are vying for control of the galaxy thru economical and strategic warfare. we kinda call them"build wars".
There are other factions in the game known as production factions that build various things like weapons, armour, equipment, warships, freighters, fighters, vehicles etc.. we also have mining groups trade, religious organizations, bounty hunters pirates etc.. basicly anything you can think of that starwars has we've got it or are going to have it soon :)

ive been playing the game 3 years and my wife 2 years and it s a very fun and addicting game :) so drop on in and give us a try!