Posted: Sep 18th 2008 2:09PM (Unverified) said

Alright already....

Whats next...

Massively sucks Mythics ****?

Posted: Sep 18th 2008 4:07PM (Unverified) said

The links to the gallery and images don't seem to work I get:
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

just thought you might like to know.

And just to answer the above: Massively is perfectly justified in its extensive coverage of WAR. Its the biggest MMO release this year (and for the forseeable future I'm willing to bet), Its based on a franchise known the world over and has the potential to pound WoW into the ground. While not groundbreaking in its mechanic, its social toolset and the way it eases people into playing with others is a monumental change in MMOs and should be heralded as such.

Posted: Sep 18th 2008 8:14PM (Unverified) said

Coverage is fine, but the whole Massively goes to WAR thing has basically been used to post about this game half a dozen times a day without telling anything new. If you are going to kiss a dev where it smells funny, at least get some good stuff in exchange or you're not, in fact, heralding. You're just fanboying.

Besides that, news about a game really is much more enjoyable when it's news, instead of another excuse to plaster it all over your front page because you're playing it.

I find it amusing the "easing people into things" is now a pro of WAR, I was under the impression this was one of WoW's main faults (according to the masses anyways). I'll give it it does that though, but it doesn't really go anywhere with it which is a shame.

Posted: Sep 18th 2008 5:09PM Syme said

While I'm not so interested in trying WAR, the Tome feature looks very good. I hope other MMOs pick up on the idea, including a certain one I currently play.

Posted: Sep 18th 2008 8:04PM (Unverified) said

This is thing is like bloody Mario Party. You got killed by a Dark Elf? Have a reward! You died 10 times? Have a reward!

Personally I liked LotRO's implementation better.

Posted: Sep 18th 2008 9:34PM (Unverified) said

you kill a Dark Elf, have a reward, you kill 10 players, have a reward.
It mocks you with one hand while rewarding with the other, i like it and laugh at somthing it rewards me for everyday

Posted: Sep 19th 2008 6:21AM (Unverified) said

The "humor" in WAR.. well let's not get into that. It's about as subtle as Paul.

In LotRO you could pick what you worked for and improve your char in your own way though. In WAR.. you just get about a million billion titles. Yay.

Posted: Sep 19th 2008 7:31PM (Unverified) said

I really like how many titles there are, that way if you've done something wierd, or out of the way, it distinguishes you from the masses who like to run around with stuff that shows off how "awesome" they are.

Also, LotRO titles can be mega cumbersome to read on a player.

Make My MMO: September 14 - 20, 2014

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 6:00PM

Perfect Ten: Terrible, terrible MMO names

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 3:00PM

The Stream Team: Anchors aweigh in ArcheAge!

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 1:00PM