Posted: Sep 17th 2008 3:22PM Softserve said

Well, I can say without a doubt that unlike AoC I plan on actually subscribing after the first 30 days. I've had fun with the head start so far. Maybe I'll try AoC again in a few months, but that's another story.

So I imagine the retention there will be stronger overall. We've definitely not heard that level of bitching for WAR yet.

Posted: Sep 17th 2008 3:14PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Once again grossly overestimating the market for these games (the market excluding WoW of course).

I know he has to play his role as the crazy, over-excited Brit in an extra-medium T-shirt, but it kind of hurts the credibility towards all the great things he says about the game when he makes big claims like this that aren't taken seriously.

Posted: Sep 17th 2008 3:46PM Celestian said

Uh, if you think 3 million is over-estimating you need to crawl out of the WoW crib.

Posted: Sep 18th 2008 4:44AM (Unverified) said

Warhammer is so far ahead of WoW in every aspect. Expect this game to surpass WoW in a year or two as people switch out of the stale WoW and WoW's lackluster PvP and total lack of world changing RvR.

Posted: Sep 17th 2008 4:24PM BaronJuJu said

Doesn't sound too ambitious for its future growth. Its kind of odd he is openly stating, prior to initial launch, that he doesn't expect the figure he bet on to ever be achived during the games lifetime.

Posted: Sep 17th 2008 3:17PM (Unverified) said

Warhammer is fantastic, its timing couldn't be better in a genre that is getting more stale with every rushed, failed, release.

Posted: Sep 17th 2008 6:32PM (Unverified) said

You said it. I played WOW and quit mnay time recently due to the utter staleness of the game. I am sooo glad that WAR is finally upon us.

Posted: Sep 17th 2008 4:07PM Triskelion said

I think he is an idiot, he's trying to be a self-made gaming celebrity and what he doesn't realize is the community makes you a celebrity not ranting and carrying on in videos made for Youtube.

I almost want to see the game fail so he shuts up, even though I love the game - its not a good sign that I hate him more then I love the game. The last funny Brit was Benny Hill, and there is a reason why that was like over 20 years ago, Brits aren't funny.

Any time spent in front of a camera rehearsing his act should be time spent behind a keyboard. I didn't know who Rob Pardo was until after WoW was released.

Posted: Sep 17th 2008 4:35PM (Unverified) said

500k tops then expect it to die down to 250kish after a month or so.

Posted: Sep 17th 2008 5:02PM Graill440 said

• 1 heart
Way over estimating. The big thing that is going to kill this launch is the getting dropped from server after a few seconds. This issue still isnt resolved due to the server side software dropping "supposed" high latency connections, which as it turns out i guess 89ms is to high for mythic.

they will get a huge surge of folks but then the issues still alive and well will be called something else like opening day lag or whatever.

i will state this one final time, as i posted another ticket for the connectivity issue it came back with support inbox full...............that should tell you folks something.

i cancelled my ce edition, let mythic know to kill my account, the game isnt ready, it will be for a few in certain areas but unfortunately not me.

if mythic tells the truth during opening day its going to be a very rough ride, and not because of "all mmo's have this during launch" good luck.

Posted: Sep 17th 2008 7:41PM RanWitScissorz said

My character has 1 day 27 hours played, haven't dropped yet, maybe you should look at your computer/connection?

Posted: Sep 17th 2008 9:57PM (Unverified) said

Ditto, way to over react there, champ.

Posted: Sep 17th 2008 5:12PM Graill440 said

just a quick addendum, to clarify things with my first post, the game is going to rock for a large precentage, if i were to pull numbers down to make a comparison i would say 70% will have a great opening day with little to no lag, the game rocks.

i can tell you that personally, the other 30% of which i fall into that unfortunate catagory will not have anytype of funtime getting dropped by server messages constantly, or simply getting kicked back to character sceen when the game is loading, they know about it, they havent fixed it yet.

to date i have missed all headstart, regular headstart and since my tickets are now apparently being shelved i am not going to chance my money on opening day, instead i will wait "lol, a few more months" or until i see the connectivity issue fixed.

Posted: Sep 17th 2008 5:54PM Stanzig said

I haven't had one crash since I've started playing during preview weekend. I'm in Michigan playing on an oceanic server. I have some Aussie buds and thought I would have lag problems but haven't been able to tell so far, and I have comcast.

I love it so far, nothing like leveling while doing PvP from level 1. In between battleground like scenarios you can work on PvE content. Combat is slower than wow but you get a chance to do something instead of getting 2 shotted.

Posted: Sep 17th 2008 5:19PM (Unverified) said

I was on Best buy’s web site and they are showing some stores are all ready selling the game in and around Toronto, Canada. I talked to an employee on the phone who confirmed it. He said there was no realse date on the games so he put them out.

Posted: Sep 17th 2008 6:03PM (Unverified) said

I really think Warhammer Online is going to do well. I've been playing the headstart and it really is absoloutly brilliant. So many things that they've added in and you think "why has noone else thought of this?" Like when you are doing quests the areas for each quest are marked on the map so you know exactly where to go. And gaining experiance and items from RvR. And Public Quests!! Influence and getting items from it. All so many great ideas. And i'm only level 11. So far its only gotten better :P

Betawatch: September 13 - 19, 2014