Posted: Sep 16th 2008 5:59PM Triskelion said

Amazing - his game is barley staying afloat and all this guy wants to do is go up in space. I read an article in Wired magazine about how his first attempt to go into space was thwarted by some fluke failed physical, wasting 15 million in the process.

Now this is his 2nd try, he is living in some Russian barracks at some old Russian aeronautical site training for on and off for the past year. Holy shiite - get a huge high def TV and show space movies on it at home, or go to the most sophisticated planetarium you can find and forget this spaceman stuff.

In one test the Russians spin you around for 5 minutes to see if you lose consciousness, even though he won't be manning the vehicle he needs to know what to do in case both of the other pilots pass out.......crazy. Go fix your game.

Posted: Sep 16th 2008 6:31PM (Unverified) said

When is the last time you played TR, since you're so versed in how "broke" it is?

and, stop being jelous b/c he can afford this, and you can't.

TR is a great game right now, and they have been adding tons of new content and even more QoL features. So, actually exp the game before you jump on the mmorpg.com troll train. RG is still very involved inthe game. And he's left it it very capable hands.

Posted: Sep 16th 2008 8:17PM hami83 said

Tabula Rasa was never a bad game. It just lack endgame polish, I actually really enjoyed it when I played it, though my comp didn't run it the best.

Also this is his own funds doing this project, so let him do what he wants.
If your jealous just save up 15 million.

Posted: Sep 17th 2008 11:47AM Triskelion said

Yes, let me clarify - its not broken, I don't think I said it was broken. It was/is just lacking when it launched. Level 1-30'ish was a lot of fun. Tradeskills need a complete overhaul, when your game launches and within a short period of time you openly state that Tradeskills will get an overhaul what you're really saying is it never worked in the first place and they knew that because the beta testers, like myself, were telling them so and they ignored it.

Am I jealous? No, it just shows you where his priorities are. They've been reducing head count for TR at NC Soft slowly over the last few months, and the leader of this endeavor = Garriott, should be at ground zero supporting and nurturing the troops, so to speak, and he is radio silent.

They have how many servers? 4? And those show mostly low pop. It that isn't a sign of a dead or dying game then tell me what is?

Once again - great vision and great intentions only to be lost to releasing a game unfinished. This game is circling the drain, sad too because I liked it.

Posted: Sep 17th 2008 1:09PM thewalrii said

the jon stewart show? pretty sure it's called the daily show with jon stewart.

Posted: Sep 19th 2008 2:50AM beskar said

Last I saw, TR was $5 at Amazon. Yeah... it's going "so well".

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014