Posted: Jul 10th 2009 3:29PM djtyrant said

No reason I see for it to not be true. It's also being hosted on Project Lore (not owned by ZAM, but shown on WoW Head). I expect an announcement today at some point about it, just WoW Head's ads jumped the gun.

- DJTyrant
Editor - http://wow.stratics.com/

Posted: Sep 15th 2008 4:53AM (Unverified) said

I guess it at least partially has to do with the criticism that there's too much time in between their expansions and the fact that there's always some MMO launching each quarter, they need to turn it up a notch to stay King of the Hill. Luckily they had notches left.

Pretty much every current MMO has been sitting on just that information though and this is Blizzard after all, they've had some experience and I have no doubt they'll pull it off.

Should be good to watch, better to play. Can't wait.

Posted: Sep 15th 2008 6:10AM (Unverified) said

Interesting timing if true... This would place its release about 2 months after WAR's official start up date - a time when those curious about the game will have made up their minds whether or not to stay. The timing of this release might just help swing a few players back to WoW. (It took about 2 months or so for Age of Conan to settle down after the initial buzz).

Also the unofficial release date for the LotRO expansion, Mines of Moria, at least that I'm seen, is 14/11/08. So, if the dates are correct, Blizzard might just be trying to beat Turbine to the punch there too...

Posted: Sep 15th 2008 8:59AM (Unverified) said

While you're right, AoC was also awful and had no endgame. By 2 months, everyone that played figured out there was nothing to do after maxing out. WAR's somewhat the opposite as it's top heavy.

I'm sure plenty of people will swing back to WotLK though, even if WAR comes out to be a great game.

Posted: Sep 15th 2008 9:57AM eggmanjr said

• 1 heart
I would not count on this information being correct. Massively has been wrong before, such as when they announced back in August that the preorder head start for Warhammer Online would be Sept. 15 2008, so they have a track record of being wrong.

Posted: Sep 15th 2008 11:47AM Krystalle Voecks said

Posted: Sep 15th 2008 12:18PM eggmanjr said

Bah so they got it right this time, they still posted the info before it was confirmed so I stand by my comment.

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM