Posted: Sep 11th 2008 3:24PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
WoW got boring, Im heading to WAR :) See everyone there :D

Posted: Sep 11th 2008 4:13PM (Unverified) said

It doesn't surprise me that WoW is leveling off. I almost doubt that it's Wrath sales will be as good as BC at this point. At least that's how it would be appear based on the people I know. Most are headed to WAR. Not because WoW is a bad game, just got stale and my circle of friends don't feel that Wrath adds much worthwhile.

Posted: Sep 11th 2008 5:09PM Rihahn said

Two words: Market Saturation

Posted: Sep 11th 2008 5:33PM (Unverified) said

If WOW got boring, so will WAR.... It is evolutionary but not revoutionary.

Posted: Sep 11th 2008 7:27PM (Unverified) said

Revolutionary doesn't mean it's a good game though. Evolutionary evolves off of what is already known to be successful, but adds more and fixes problems.
Evolutionary is better in almost all regards.
WoW wasn't Revolutionary, it was Evolutionary, and it seems to of done pretty well for itself.

Posted: Sep 11th 2008 9:05PM cray said

I agree with Rihahn, the market is officially saturated now with comparable MMOs. Quite few gaming studios have a foot in the MMO market and they are not making it any easier for Blizzard.

This is a good thing, because it will only raise the quality of the games.

Posted: Sep 12th 2008 7:36AM (Unverified) said

The market isn't really "saturated" anymore in the conventional sense. It's more of a design saturation than a product volume one.

WoW = successful

Therefore to duplicate that success a game must become more like WoW to appeal to the same audience.

Or at least that's the logic being applied. It's flawed in many ways, yet companies are out there applying it to their game designs. The result is a dead experience that never reaches a critical mass of user interest.

Posted: Sep 12th 2008 6:09PM Ayenn said

Indeed! Everything is beginning to turn the same shade of brown... we need some fresh and interesting green!

Posted: Sep 23rd 2008 9:33AM (Unverified) said

I don't mind if people leave wow (in fact I think I would prefer it) as long as enough people stay to ensure that it remains worthwhile for Blizzard to continue bringing out content :)

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories