Posted: Sep 11th 2008 9:00PM (Unverified) said

As I've said before, the competition between WAR and WoW will only mean good things for players on both sides. WoW and WAR players should be thrilled that the other exists and the market is about to get more competitive. It just means good things all around for us players.

Just look at all the changes that have been happening with WoW lately, can't say that it's all bad, but it is all because of WAR coming.

WAR will make WoW better, and WoW will make WAR better. I love it.

Posted: Sep 12th 2008 2:32AM Nadril said

Yup. As a gamer I am so happy to see such competition, we haven't seen it since the UO vs EQ days to be honest.

I just got done with a huge WAR marithon today after servers came up and, goddamn, this is the most fun I've ever had.

Posted: Sep 11th 2008 9:13PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
WAR quests are incredibly boring and they're just bla and kill and kill and bla and etc. etc. etc.

There is NOTHING interesting about WAR quests except the tome of knowledge... but in the end it doesn't help.

Concerning ALL war pvp i got extremely bored today, it's absolutely pointless and poorly conceived.

Simply stay out of this game and wait for a better one.

Posted: Sep 11th 2008 11:20PM (Unverified) said

I always found Mythic's higher level content 45+ (in this case I suppose 35+) to be much more interesting than the lower level stuff. Back when 60 was cap in WoW, I didn't find the quests (only made it to 30 or so) compelling at all. PQs, raids, epic quests, and most of all, RvR is where it's at anyway.

Posted: Sep 12th 2008 7:26AM RanWitScissorz said

WAR isn't about questing, if your looking to spend all your time questing, go to a game based on PVE, such as WOW. If you're looking for PVP/RVR on a grand scale, be sure to check out WAR.

Posted: Sep 12th 2008 9:18AM (Unverified) said

So far WAR's PVE is way better than its RvR, which bored me out of my willies

Posted: Sep 12th 2008 11:14AM (Unverified) said

Go home Blizzboi. We're not playing the same game. I shot a catapult, shot myself through the air, helped in an epic dragon fight, and pvp...haha, lame?

Seriously carebear, you must be AMPED that you can finally transfer your NE Huntard to a pvp server.

Posted: Sep 12th 2008 11:20AM (Unverified) said

Im sorry to trip you down off your castles among the clouds, but WAR is a PvP game and its PvE is actually less boring.

and i hate fucking wow :)

Posted: Sep 12th 2008 12:14PM (Unverified) said

I normally try to avoid telling people that their opinions suck...but holy crap Gylfi! Does it feel SOOOOO good to be different? Most people don't share your opinion, and I wouldn't say "go back to WoW" so much as I would say have fun with your tight jeans, carefully combed over hair, and your 'angsty' music, because it's hard when no one understands you, right?

Posted: Sep 12th 2008 12:17PM (Unverified) said

You kids make me laugh, is it so terrifying to think that i could actually be right?

Posted: Sep 12th 2008 2:24PM (Unverified) said

I find the best quests in Warhammer are the ones that are more hidden and related to the Tome of Knowledge.

For example yesterday I found a very hidden and tricky patch to the top of a hill that contained what looked like a for-decoration tower. I thought I was heading out of the bounds of where the developers wanted me to go. Instead when I got up to the tower I unlocked a rather cryptic and 'hidden' tome unlock. The minimap, when approaching the door, also confirmed that there was an interior to the tower. The tome itself confirmed that was a '2nd step' to the unlock, something else for me to do.

So right there I was presented with a fun and cryptic quest, how do I get into the tower? Honestly I have no clue but just the little extra flair of mystery is a nice touch (even if it will all eventually be online).

They need to add some more flavor to their run of the mill quests but War certainly has some fun exploration 'questing' to do if you don't mind putting aside your level advancement/RvRing/Money farming for a bit.

Posted: Sep 12th 2008 4:51PM (Unverified) said

Sounds fantastic!

That's exactly what every other quest lacks... interaction, problem solving, puzzles.

nice.

Posted: Sep 11th 2008 9:15PM Slob Zombie said

I was bummed about the delay(s) when they were announced, but now, after playing the beta and other stuff that should have stayed in the cooker, I gotta say it was a good idea. Warhammer is a solid game and I'm definitely glad to see a new heavy hitter on the block.

Posted: Sep 11th 2008 11:07PM (Unverified) said

I lenjoy both WoW and WAR. However, I've been playing WoW for years and will probably take a bit of a break and play WAR a few months until WotLK comes out, at which point I'll play that for a few months. Eventually I imagine I'll split my time pretty evenly between the two. They're both good games, and I will pay my money to both.

Posted: Sep 12th 2008 6:35AM (Unverified) said

If they'd released it on time they wouldn't have had any capitol cities.

Posted: Sep 12th 2008 7:03AM (Unverified) said

The time when companies rush their MMOs to market is (or should mostly be) a thing of the past.

Quality is vital, as subscribers will not tolerate anything less in today's market. I would expect many future MMOs to spend the appropriate amount of development time, complete with a delay or three, before releasing their baby into the relentless wilderness of MMOGland.

PS: There's no such thing as "EA Mythic" any more. It's just "Mythic Entertainment".

Posted: Sep 13th 2008 9:49AM (Unverified) said

I've been very impressed to see Warhammer up close and personnel in Open Beta. All I can say is wow! Mythic really have impressed me with how complete their game is at launch, and what a breath of fresh air it is to see game a game finally give Warcraft a run for it's money.

I played Warcraft for a damn long time and was lucky enough to see all it's end game. Right from level 1 your thrown into a world at war in Warhammer, and tbh I was hoping Warcraft would have been just like this.

I'm so proud of what Mythic have achieved, and finally thrilled to see another good quality mmo out there to keep my interest.

I can see me our guild playing this for a long time to come.. Levelling our guild up and taking part finally in some truely epic world pvp.

Posted: Sep 18th 2008 2:26PM (Unverified) said

I don't really call what Warhammer is going to offer as "competition".

Remember when everyone was predicting Hellgate: London was going to put WoW out of business? Yeah, Warhammer is going to be a lot like that.

I've seen the previews of the game... and boy were they fugly. If you are presenting your game to an audience, at least make it look good. The character models were blah, the gameplay looked slow and boring, and the spell effects looked like they were thrown in as an afterthought. The lighting was also way off.

Blizzard has nothing to worry about with Warhammer. It's all hype.