Posted: Sep 10th 2008 1:45PM digitalat0m said

Here is another Freebie that I've been using on my Nokia N82, it's been working great! ( so the non-iphone/pod users are not left out of mobile skill tracking )

Posted: Sep 10th 2008 2:09PM (Unverified) said

This is all frickin' awesome. Though, from what I can see, it just lets you monitor, and not actually interface? Still, it's a step in the right direction.

For years I've wanted to be able to manage and "play" my MMOs from remote services such as web browsers or cellphones. I'd like to play an MMO where I can always be connected in some fashion, even if it's just managing training or auctions or such.

Glad to see EVE paving the way.

Posted: Sep 10th 2008 4:01PM (Unverified) said

Lemmo -- that's correct. You can't actually log in and switch your skill training, really this provides an accurate picture of where your characters are in terms of skill training.

The main benefit of apps like this is you don't absentmindedly leave your character alone for a while, not training skills.

Personally I also like being able to see an isk balance when monitoring my progression. I actually just use the EVE Skill Monitor widget on my computer, which alerts you when skill training is completed... sometimes loudly at inopportune moments, but at least it does the job.

And Adam F -- thanks for that link for Mobile Skill Planner. Seems the project's site is having issues? I'll take another look later on.

Posted: Sep 10th 2008 2:52PM (Unverified) said

Me rushes to get his iPod touch and install it! Ooh, this is a real treat!!!

Maybe we'll eventually get to this:

Posted: Sep 10th 2008 7:15PM digitalat0m said

James,

not sure what kinda issues the project site is hitting I was able to download a new version a couple nights ago after the emp age 1.1 patch it had trouble parsing the skills but all seems right with the world again :)

The ability to change skill from my cellphone would RULE :-) make training the little ones a lot easier.

Adam.