Posted: Sep 8th 2008 12:35PM (Unverified) said

No one really knows whats going on with the EU side, they keep putting up new hoops for us to jump through but nothing seems to be working...currently been waiting 2 hours for an authenication email but no sign of that turning up yet.

Let me put it this way, the majority of people probably haven't even created an account yet because the account registration service is offline. Those that have are currently trying to authenicate but the service only came online at 4pm, and only a handful of emails have gone out since then.

Posted: Sep 8th 2008 12:34PM Valdur said

The EU open Beta is turning into a big Joke.I entered my codes an hour ago and still waiting but I know that we won't get any mail tonight.

If EA and Mythic wish that game to succeed in Europe they better kick GOA out...

it's time to migrate to US server

/Rant off

Posted: Sep 8th 2008 12:38PM (Unverified) said

That's not really true.

Cause atm it's still impossible to create accounts for the beta (auth. servers down), and the new way to validate our keys (for the ones that already have got an account) is broken, only a few are allowed to pass the validation step.

All the EU DAOC community already known that GOA is a joke, i really don't know why EA/Mythic chose GOA the EU community, that's the biggest error.

Posted: Sep 8th 2008 1:11PM (Unverified) said

Still nothing in there. How long does it take to send an email?

Posted: Sep 8th 2008 2:07PM (Unverified) said

> noting that the game's Beta state means it's not ready for prime-time yet

Well the problem with this is of course that we were told it was all going to be great (not to mention that, hello, release in a week?). And it's not even the game people are complaining about, because no, most of us still aren't in.

There's no reason for GOA to have waited until the absolute last moment to allow people to validate their keys (I've had mine for some time). The Mythic site has been trudging along nicely any time I checked over the weekend, the GOA site is still falling apart. Numbers must have been available.

With the current trend of trying to monetize betas (oh how upset we were when AoC betad through Fileplanet subscriptions) and the fact us Europeans didn't get any preview weekends either (compounded by the beta only lasting a few days), even though the spin in the press has been "WAR has a larger following in Europe so we're going to do maybe even better there", you'd figure some precautions were taken. You'd be wrong.

Also, all you people who told me earlier open beta wasn't important and all the stress-testing was done.. ha-ha. Jokes on.. eh.. me. Shit >

Posted: Sep 8th 2008 2:39PM (Unverified) said

Im so pissed off about this... Such an epic failure!!! This could have been avoided if somone just used their darn brains.....

Posted: Sep 8th 2008 3:54PM Valdur said

I can't see GOA launching the game next week,will Mythic be forced to delay?Until now,no news from EA.But as from Sept 7th WAR will be known as Warhammer offline "The Age of registration" brought to you by a Group Of Amateurs.

Posted: Sep 8th 2008 4:04PM (Unverified) said

Majority of members still have no access. This means majority of members have 2 days less than normal EU players, also compared to US, they had an additional 2 days of Preview weekend.

Also the "garunteed" open beta access is now claimed a miscommunication in marketing.

There is nothing else to say than thanks.

Posted: Sep 8th 2008 4:44PM (Unverified) said

We're getting in now.

Posted: Sep 8th 2008 5:34PM (Unverified) said

One has gotta wonder how Mythics specification looked like when they sourced a publisher in Europe. Its really sad how we are gonna have to live with a publisher that totally lack skill and customer service.
Im likely going to cancel my preorder tomorrow, I'll let the launch pass and see how it goes before i get into this game.

Posted: Sep 8th 2008 6:50PM (Unverified) said

Had no reply for Amazon customer support either...24 hours and counting.

Posted: Sep 9th 2008 12:04AM (Unverified) said

I'm joining many EU players by cancelling my preorder box and trying to get a US box. I don't feel in any way confident that GOA can actually run a game...so I'm taking my cash across the pond to a company that can.

GOA can't get anything right.....I looked up the dictionary and it said a farce was supposed to be funny. This has just been pathetic...epicpathetic in fact.

Posted: Sep 9th 2008 2:51AM (Unverified) said

Im happily in game on the EU open beta, managed to register my key after much swearing on one of the rare occasions the servers were up late sunday evening. Just dont give up after the first 414 (timeout) error, keep hitting that validate button and it will go through after a while, as long as the servers are up.

So its definetly not "only closed beta" players in the open beta servers, met a lot of other war-noobs on there yesterday. That said, GOA fucked up badly, many many havent gotten their key validated yet :/

Posted: Sep 9th 2008 3:44AM (Unverified) said

Yeah.. Day 3: still not in. At the point now where I'm going to stop caring, just eat the loss and go back to games where the providers actually have their shit together. Well done GOA.

Posted: Sep 9th 2008 4:39AM (Unverified) said

Its a total joke, finally go tmy beta key registered at 4pm GMT on monday and its now 9.30 am GMT and still no confirmation email, thats over 17hrs wait and still no email.

Quote from GOA regarding what happens when you enter your key

"This will be checked via an asynchronous process and an email will be sent after a short time"

Short time!? over 17hrs is short?

I can only agree with everyone else that GOA is a joke.
Maybe Mythic should be considering running it all themselves.

To screw over eu gamers like this is a disgrace especially considering where the home of the whole GW hobby is located, yes Europe, in particular Nottingham England.

Posted: Sep 9th 2008 6:32AM (Unverified) said

Hello, my name is Stefano, from Italy.

Just a note to tell you how much I am disappointed regarding GOA worse than bad service handling the Open Beta.

I work in the media industry, and be sure I will do whatever it is in my power to speak as bad as possible about the GOA service and Warhammer Online Europe.

Posted: Sep 21st 2008 10:04AM (Unverified) said

Nothing new there then. The European launch is also a complete failure, the registration process is a joke (no matter what combination of letter and numbers yo type in to create your password/username the site waits about an hour before sending you an e-mail to tell you that 'registration has failed'.

I received this game on Friday afternoon and am still waiting to play it!

Posted: Sep 22nd 2008 3:31AM (Unverified) said

No, I don't believe it, they did actually handle the game to GOA ? :)

Oh dear *chuckles*

Even since the time of T4C / The 4th Coming, GOA always miserably failed at technical issues and public relations.

Well, my sincere apologies to all EU players. Having myself played on GOA servers for long during T4C, I know firsthand the pain and shattered hopes of depending on this bunch of bozos.