Posted: Sep 9th 2008 12:01AM Softserve said

They are adding some sort of capture the flag style mode, so it's not all bad.

Personally, I get the lore stuff... what would be nice is some sort of expanded sparring mode, if nothing else. I would love to be able to have my character fight another character in some sort of official capacity. I have to imagine somewhere in Middle Earth they have tournaments or something of that nature.

I think that would be fun, personally.

Posted: Sep 9th 2008 1:50AM (Unverified) said

I think some sort of arena for 4v4 PvMP would be awesome! It could be lore appropriate if it involved "captured" Freeps entering the arena gladiator style to escape the 'Moors.

Posted: Sep 9th 2008 7:56AM (Unverified) said

The "Capture the Flag" thing is actually a adaptation of "Relics" from DAOC. There will be items, flags, whatever that one side will be able to capture to gain buffs for their entire side(even outside the PVP area for the Free People). This isn't the first time(or the first game) to go this route, as the Delving is very much like Darkness Falls from DAOC. Whoever controls the most real estate gets access to the special dungeon, just like Darkness falls.

Truly there's more to the PVP in LOTRO than some give it credit for, its not a hap-hazardly put together thing. In many ways its well thought out and full of features you wouldn't expect from only being 1/2 a realm.

Posted: Sep 9th 2008 9:52AM (Unverified) said

The Delving Raid, the new Artifact CTF system, indeed the Ettenmoors itself is all derivative of DAOC. Turbine has said they were fans of that game, but if I remember from some dev chat interviews they only have *one* kinda "hardcore-ish" PvP fan on the team so he usually gets over-ruled with more important things on the "to do" list.

PvMP seems to be getting more popular even on my small-ish server, and we have entire guilds who *only* play the PvP game, so hopefully we'll start seeing more attention put into this sphere of the game.

PAX Prime 2014: Going on a deer hunt in H1Z1