Posted: Sep 5th 2008 1:56AM (Unverified) said

Sorry for my bad english but was kind of "interview" is this? These questions read like a free advertisement for TR, like you guys agreed what to ask and what to answer?

And these trial promotions are a shame. Let us test your game if you want us to buy it. Give us a trial version. And by trial version I'm no talking about some kind of contest where I can win a trial key on a 3rd party website. I want to test it but so far - no chance. I wanted to test it when TR was released but no chance. I looked for a trial key weeks after the release - no chance.

Maybe there is a trial somewhere now. Maybe it can be found somewhere on the crappy TR website. I don't know but for me TR did not use its chance. Now it's over for me.

Posted: Sep 5th 2008 10:08AM Slob Zombie said

Also, you can get the game (with a 30 day trial) for like $5 at a number of places. I have 6 copies ready for when I can talk friends into sitting down to try the game for a day.

Anyone on the fence should give the game a try.

Posted: Sep 5th 2008 5:40AM (Unverified) said

Honestly, http://www.rgtr.com/trial/, it's not rocket surgery.

His comments are pretty much on the mark in regards to burning through people early I think. Not sure whether it was because the beta wasn't a finished game though, it was quite playable for me but just didn't grip me as much as their "rockstar developer" format of the time promised.

Will be curious to see which direction they'll be going with the upcoming deployments, I think that will influence their subscription numbers a lot more than these (rather short) trial promotions.

Posted: Sep 5th 2008 12:31PM (Unverified) said

Well, I can say I was in beta, and at first it was a good game imo. I would have bought it, but then they lowered the damage of all the weapons until I refused to buy it. Just my two cents.

twilightson.