Posted: Sep 5th 2008 1:09AM (Unverified) said

Well one thing to remember is that a pre-order is not a sale. Can't say how many times I've pre-ordered a game and ended up not buying it, either switching my pre-order to something else or canceling it all-together.

Not to mention it's not a sale till it's paid for and picked up anyway, and also if you go that route you have to go with the pre-orders of Lich King which should probably amount to 3 - 4 million I'd hazard a guess. :)

Not saying WoW is god, sure I play it and have a pre-order if for WAR myself, just pointing that out.

Posted: Sep 5th 2008 1:16AM (Unverified) said

Fair enough. I've never cancelled a pre-order myself. Generally if I'm going to go to the trouble, and possible hassle, of doing one it's because I *really* want that game. I wonder if a lot of people cancel their pre-orders though, or just pre-order to get access codes...

Posted: Sep 5th 2008 5:46AM (Unverified) said

Even if you would count preorders as sales, I'd wager more of them were made before August (delays and all), but as BlakeT comments they're not the same animal and there's surely some Lich King reorders around.

September will paint a different picture, but so did.. what was it.. May? And then equilibrium restored itself.

Posted: Sep 5th 2008 8:45AM MrGutts said

I cancel my pre orders when a online retailer fails to deliver what was promised. Like deliver a game on or before a release date or when tracking numbers come in saying it's going to be at your house a week later .

Posted: Sep 5th 2008 8:54AM (Unverified) said

Blake T is right. I, myself, had a preorder for WAR...and cancelled just just as Wrath was entering beta. I don't have time to fart around with other games. ^__^ I need to get myself ready for Wrath! I've found a renewed interest in WoW as well, my Guild's been getting their 'feats of strength' achievements on Naxx... it's been good times.

Though other, new games charm me from time to time, I always come back. No game has been able to match Warcraft's total coolness. At least for me.

I was one of the people that tried AoC and came back within a month. Sigh. Unfortunately, AoC burned me...and I won't even be trying WAR. However, Champions Online will probably woo me again too!