Posted: Sep 3rd 2008 9:29AM Rollins said

Hopefully it doesn't have the awful grind of RO. Sounds fun though.

Posted: Sep 3rd 2008 10:09AM Kyoji said

Reminds me a lot of GuildWars, at least in graphical style.

Posted: Sep 3rd 2008 10:11AM bylthe said

I actually got to play AION in the PC area on Sunday from 2pm to 4pm at PAX. I rushed character creation and just played the game for 2 hours. I really like the way quest were done and the flying part( you could only fly for short periods of time). I think the game will probably do good, but just not for me. Lots of fantasy MMOs on the market already and I am more a scifi fan.

Posted: Sep 3rd 2008 2:10PM (Unverified) said

Uhmmm, I've also played both Aion and Rohan, and there's no comparision possible imo, both look asian, Rohan more than Aion, but the forests in rohan are floors painted in green, in Aion the forests are breathtaking, saw all those little creatures running around, the spores going out of everywhere, the lighting variations, the neverending trees which won't let you see the sun, ect...

Plus Rohan's customization is laughable, and the character models didn't seem right for me, at least not the elven race.

Aniways, I tried Aion in GC and im deffinetly preordering.

Posted: Sep 3rd 2008 2:46PM Valentina said

This game is gorgeous, there won't be a grind either...It's a quest based and pvp based progression system, much like Warhammer.

Posted: Sep 3rd 2008 7:37PM (Unverified) said

"You get quite a vast selection of customizable options when creating your character, which admittedly is a nice change from other games that bear the NCsoft moniker."

Right, like that City of Heroes game. The customization options in that are just AWFUL.

0.o

Posted: Sep 3rd 2008 8:34PM (Unverified) said

Seriously, that game was incredible in customization. I came in here wanting to ask how the flying compared to that game, but the writer apparently hasn't played it.

Posted: Sep 4th 2008 5:53AM cray said

I'd wager that Aion would share some flight and leaping similarities with City of Heroes, just as the poster Kyoji mentioned the similarities with Guild Wars' graphical style.

All this means is that NCsoft is refining their games by taking the best features from each of their own MMOs. Along with adding new features, like their highly impressive character creation.

I think Aion will carve out quite a niche of MMO market for those who are looking for an alternative to Warhammer.

Posted: Sep 4th 2008 11:19AM (Unverified) said

you are kidding me, right?

Aion looks like Rohan? Rohan???

I'm an active Rohan player, and enjoy it immensely, but its graphics are not it's strength. on the other hand, i played Aion for an huor or so at Leipzig, and its graphics ARE its strength.

from my playing of the Aion demo, i have to say: looks incredible, plays really well, looks to be a good mutation of the standard RPS class and skill combinations. Aion is my 'must have' game releasing in the next 6 months.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 2:21PM Minofan said

I like pretty & superficial in MMOs.
I MISS pretty & superficial in MMOs.

We've been on quite a run of IP MMOs with a baffling leaning towards "hit in the face with a bag of spanners on the way to the Brown & Brown Clothing Emporium" as the character design ethos...

Bring on the underwear model warrior angels !