Posted: Sep 3rd 2008 4:40PM Nadril said

I really do feel bad for any 360 console people who buy into this game. That is, if it ever releases -- which I'm putting my money on that it won't. I don't think Funcom will last until "late 2009"

Posted: Sep 3rd 2008 10:43PM Rollins said

Why not? They've already made back their original investment plus some, the game is slowly (albeit very slowly) improving, and it does still have some loyal players.

I know a lot of people said that the 415K figure from early August was inaccurate because of people three month and six month subscriptions, but I refuse to believe that 200K+ players were paying that way. There have to be a decent number of content players who simply stay off the forums.

AoC will live. It blew its chance to be wildly successful because of its poor launch, but there's no way in hell that it'll crash in less than a year. It is by no means the sort of mess that Vanguard was, and it's limped onward.

Posted: Sep 3rd 2008 11:13PM Nadril said

Vanguard only continued on because sony picked it up.

Funcom is still in the hole, look at their financial report.

Read that.

Posted: Sep 3rd 2008 4:47PM (Unverified) said

AOC will die in a few months, they will never release the 360 version... since funcom (aka failcom) has lied to their customers and just had the worst customer support ever from a company no one is going to buy their future products.. Failcom will die soon... Sell all your stock asap! :O

Posted: Sep 3rd 2008 5:20PM postman said

so when war finally goes live are you guys going to finally find something to do besides hate?

Posted: Sep 3rd 2008 6:34PM Nadril said

You make it sound as if it takes hours of my time to write a comment or two here and there on a public blog.

Honestly I go to college, I'm playing through Oblivion more currently, playing TF2, working on modeling a car in 3D studio max and doing whatever else. I know it was a general statement, but really what is wrong with posting an opinion?

It's not like I only post in AoC threads either, I post in whatever interests me. And it just so happens that the downfall of Funcom IS quite interesting and entertaining.

So I do think I'll always have those 10 or 15 minutes out of the day to have some good 'ole "bashing" fun.

Posted: Sep 5th 2008 1:11AM (Unverified) said

I think Failcom will finally "fail" because there are so many of us actively preaching its demise. No one wants to buy a game that has such bad PR as this game. I know I go to every forum on every game I've ever played and every online gaming forum and actively trash the game and I am joined by hundreds if not thousands of my fellows. The lies that Erling tells only eggs me on.

Hopefully by 2009, the story will be how the players brought down a gaming company.

Then the whole MMO universe will refer to them as Failcom.

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM