Posted: Sep 2nd 2008 10:53PM Crsh said

"The bad news for Age of Conan PvP enthusiasts is that the patch has been put back yet again, and is now due to come out on September 10th."

Amazing. That is simply amazing; there's basically no reason whatsoever it's actually coming out Sept. 10 then.

I applaud whoever is still subscribed and *playing* AoC, I didn't make it past the 2-month mark, too many empty promises for my taste.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2008 11:02PM (Unverified) said

lol... I feel sorry for the people that bought the 6 month subscriptions... Funcom is going to die soon, I would sell my stock asap if someone out there has any of it... lol... AOC was a disaster... LOL!!!

Posted: Sep 3rd 2008 5:16AM (Unverified) said

Yea, I am looking forward to read AoCs postmortem: lesson learned: don't overhype our product and never ever lie at your customers - Lo and behold!

Posted: Sep 3rd 2008 5:13AM (Unverified) said

3 Months ago a MMORPG launched that promised to be the next evolution of PvP gameplay. This announcement should make it crystal clear that it was nothing but a marketing hype (or if you like to say so: a lie).

Posted: Sep 3rd 2008 10:20AM (Unverified) said

Wow you guys are a little bitter? never saw so many people so whiney over a game.... i just bought Merc's 2 for my PS3 for $59.99 and beat it in 6 HOURS !!..and the game wasnt even all that good..

you guys spent $49 on a game and got way more than 6 hours of good gameplay out of it....not to mention the game will keep getting better and you can come back at anytime you want.

me personally after i get bored of WaR, im thinking 1 or 2 months ill give AoC another try

Posted: Sep 3rd 2008 11:29AM Crsh said

Funcom's blatant lies and empty promises are what fuel this anger, either they think we're idiots who will keep buying their lies or they just have no idea how fast they've shot themselves in the foot.

MMOs are all about sinking huge amounts of time into them rather than enjoying a quick but satisfying blitz with an offline game.

I spent two months in AoC, I made it to lv70 before realizing I wasn't working toward a goal worth my while (end-game raiding or end-game PvP). AoC feels like an offline game you grind through and enjoy it while it lasts, but it's a MMO with a monthly fee, sustained by promises of content updates that have yet to be delivered.

There's nothing to do now that every other server is a ghost town, there's no goal, there's no point.

Posted: Sep 3rd 2008 7:43PM (Unverified) said

Every server is a ghost town? BS. And Funcom never said the PvP patch would go live before Sept 10th, so technically it's not a delay and they never lied about that or anything else to my knowledge. These comments are ridiculous.

WoW Archivist: Epics