Posted: Aug 28th 2008 10:12AM (Unverified) said

Sweet!

The more interesting news is that patch 2.0 can't save this game.

Posted: Aug 28th 2008 10:28AM (Unverified) said

Haha :) Awesome read. And so true.

I'm one of those people that quit within the first "free" month. Thank god I didn't take the leap of faith and signed up for 3 or even *shudder* 6 months.

Posted: Aug 28th 2008 10:34AM Rollins said

Spamming your idiocy unfortunately doesn't make it any more true or interesting.

Posted: Aug 28th 2008 12:35PM Idle said

I bailed before my free month was up. I just wish I could've seen past the starting zone before my trial was up. I would've saved $50.

The game simply isn't fun and I have a hard time explaining exactly why.

Posted: Aug 28th 2008 10:38AM postman said

"Small though it is, it's already caused the servers to be brought down for another 5 hours for technical reasons."

they always bring the servers down for 5 hours regardless of the patch size, unless i missed on the AoC forums that it was an additional 5 hours on top of the standard 5. This is a small but good patch, the charging exploit was making life frusterating, and seiging should be completable now. I recently played a seige on the TestLive server
Next week is the PVP PATCH! HORRAY!
Is it going to save the game? thats a hard speculation, its definatly going to help retain players but i agree with the article that they need to step it up a bit and crank out some of this content.
Its a great game, with lots of potential, and i hope that it reaches that. i hate elfes and there arent any good sci fi mmos coming out for a while

Posted: Aug 28th 2008 11:25AM Softserve said

Kind of the same things I read all the time in comments here.

I do enjoy that some of the commenters are like "bring on the fanboys!". So it's OK to absolutely hate something, but it's not OK to really enjoy it. As much as it surprises me, I do know people who really love the game. I guess that's a massive character flaw.

Posted: Aug 28th 2008 11:33AM (Unverified) said

I sometimes wonder if other MMO titles hire guys to go to websites like this and flame competitors games lol. AoC has flaws but its not the anti christ. I mean I dont play it anymore but I prolly will again someday once they quit nerfing and start actually fixing the game. The core of the game is allot of fun!
Speaking of paid flamers, where is george's response to this? He rarely misses a aoc story...