Posted: Aug 25th 2008 7:04PM Solaxo said

I couldn't agree more with this! Been beta testing for over a month now, and I am so pleased that this game is living up to the expectations I had for this.

Wow was/is great, I played it for 3 years. War is everything wow was lacking when I left, and then a whole lot more. I fully to expect to be playing War for many years to come!

Posted: Aug 25th 2008 8:52PM (Unverified) said

@ Solaxo, I agree with you, WoW is lacking in a lot of areas and I believe a lot more people are beginning to notice/get fed up with these issues.

I'm curious to see how things go between the two MMOs after WAR launches :D.

Posted: Aug 26th 2008 3:10PM (Unverified) said

Seriously? How is it that these unreleased games keep winning "Best" awards? The test of an MMO is it's staying power.. how well it hold people's attention after they start hitting level caps.. is it still fun after several months? Years? Are people canceling or sticking around?

If you remember, AoC won a bunch of these "Best" awards last year based on the first 10 -20 levels. Then when it got released it was a joke how unfinished it was. It's obvious that it wasn't even close to being the "best" anything, much less Best MMO of the Year.

I don't know why these people think their awards are going to be taken seriously when they hand them out to whatever the biggest name unreleased MMO of the year happens to be.

Comparing it to WoW is just unfair, WoW is so far ahead. It was released years ago and has polish. It's been tuned and refined. It has 10 million players. That means these awards can't be knee-jerk reactions and maybe a game that is 5 years old is actually the BEST MMO of 2008.

What they need to do is call the award "Most Promising looking game that we are excited about, but is untested and totally unproven in the market amongst the games it's being compared with."

Posted: Aug 25th 2008 10:03PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
You kidding right WoW is not lacking at all and got more content them this and AoC together. Blizzard even release content patch's that other games like Elfquest 1/2 release like XP!

It just look like WoW is lacking to you guys like you was playing it indeed for 3 years no game can go up against that! You played to the content maybe make a alt or 2 and play lots of battleground pvp and got bored after a long time what is only normal! But not come here later and say WoW is lacking.

Warhammer only look like its not lacking like its new and you just start playing it but can it keep you busy for 3 years? maybe it get boring after 4 months you not known still :)

Posted: Aug 25th 2008 11:50PM (Unverified) said

People have been playing the Beta for over a year now, and still loving it. So Dass, point doesn't hold up. This has been one very long Beta.

WAR is as much an evolutionary step over WoW as WoW was a step over EQ.
Those who play it can see and understand it.

WoW has Raiding and Arena's. Beyond that, there's nothing. There's no long term point, no battle, no real conflict.

WAR is WoW done right, what they had promised by never delivered (world conflict).

Posted: Aug 26th 2008 7:21AM (Unverified) said

".. spectacular visuals.."

Yeah I stopped reading there.

Posted: Aug 26th 2008 7:43AM (Unverified) said

Didn't Conan win this last year btw? /smirk

Posted: Aug 26th 2008 7:53AM Solaxo said

Great Point Scythe!

Dass; for me raiding for years in wow was some of the best fun that I had in a game. I agree no game every had my attention for 3 years. When raiding 4 nights a week no longer became an option for me I took up PVP and enjoyed that for a while. To be honest though WOW PVP is one area that I feel is lacking esp compared to a game like war. That is just my opionion though. After months of grinding Battlegrounds I realized after a month in War there is no comparison to the amount of FUN PVP encounters that you will experience.

War has some great innovation and like Scythe said I think you should check out just to see what we are talking about! Between Just entering your first Public Quest for the first time, and taking a keep after an epic battle; personally speaking I can honestly say that War has already got its hooks in me for a long long time.

For all those worried that War won't have any PVE though, don't be worried war has TONS of it!

Posted: Aug 26th 2008 11:37AM (Unverified) said

How can a game that hasn't been released win an award?
All evidence points to WAR being an excellent game when it gets released, but we wont really know until its out, will we?

Posted: Aug 26th 2008 11:53AM Softserve said

Well nothing shown at a games trade show is going to be out yet... They're about future releases, just like E3 or anything else. That's kind of expected in this case.

I mostly just wonder what it was against. I know not all developers showed up there, for example.

MMO Week in Review: Happy New Year!

Posted on Dec 28th 2014 8:00PM