Posted: Aug 25th 2008 5:08PM Rollins said

Any moment now = Wednesday? Maybe?

Posted: Aug 25th 2008 5:26PM (Unverified) said

Now take about 50+% off that number for real subscription base because the first month/free month people were included in that total and you will now know why the Funcom stock is in the gutter.

Posted: Aug 25th 2008 5:59PM Rollins said

So what you're saying is that ~200K people bought it in the last 30 days? Um, yeah.

If there's 400K subscribers right now, they're mostly people who chose to stay past the first month, because the game hasn't exactly been flying off store shelves since.

Posted: Aug 25th 2008 5:53PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
I really HATE this guy, seriously... I am sick of his BS... Also, why can't they get someone that can speak english clearly without saying "uhhh" "uhhmm" "ummm"

STOP SAYING "UUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" PLEASE!

FUNCOM, GET SOMEONE THAT CAN SPEAK ENGLISH CORRECTLY, WITHOUT THE ACCENT!! >_

Posted: Aug 25th 2008 5:48PM Triskelion said

Everyone said "learn from your mistakes Funcom","don't do another Anarchy Online","fix this stuff, the game needs more time". Did they listen? No. Did they learn? No. Well, fuggem, they get what they deserve now.

Posted: Aug 25th 2008 6:13PM Nadril said

They've lied before, and I can bet you he is just reiterating the numbers from their Q2 report and not "currently".

And again with the hype, my fucking god. "There could have been things that coulda been better".

Posted: Aug 25th 2008 6:35PM Damn Dirty Ape said

Did anybody else notice the banner in the beginning that said 'Warhammer Online Interview'?

Posted: Aug 26th 2008 10:34AM Damn Dirty Ape said

... which the Massively posting specifically states at the end and I somehow missed. Oops!

Posted: Aug 25th 2008 6:59PM Crsh said

3-month/6-month subscription plans. Yes, they are valid subscribers regardless whether they are happy with the game or not, let's compare again in late September.

Posted: Aug 25th 2008 11:07PM Mystal said

400k subscribers for that POS is pretty impressive, to be quite honest.

If they can keep those kinds of numbers for another six months, they've more or less paid for the game already, even though it was horribly executed on a lot of levels.

Posted: Aug 25th 2008 11:50PM (Unverified) said

I always get the used car salesman vibe from Erling Ellingson. I wouldn't trust him at all. He just comes off that way. And very pompous.

Posted: Aug 25th 2008 11:56PM Graill440 said

No possible way they have 400k plus "active, paying" subscribers right now.

The numbers on the servers and his new anouncement do not add up, though he may think we live in the dark over here.

Posted: Aug 27th 2008 10:25AM phobic99 said

Don't forget they are probably be lumping EU and US together. Using a basic 50/50 split, do the servers look like they have about 200k people playing on the US side? I'm curious because I ditched this game 3 weeks after it came out. Yeah, I got bored with it that fast and haven't regretted leaving it behind. I'm pretty sure I'll never play AoC again but you never can tell.

Posted: Aug 26th 2008 6:00AM (Unverified) said

This guy is full of crap !