Posted: Aug 21st 2008 1:14PM (Unverified) said

The lack of female greenskins would be because in the Warhammer world Greenskins are basically sentient fungus. As for male Witch Elves, there are none. A Mahbid (bride of Khaine) can only be female. The men that the temples of Khaine take in become assassins. Dunno about the Chaos tank tho.

Posted: Aug 21st 2008 1:14PM Anatidae said

I am not sure if this will change, but in the beta the female armor was pretty lame for the sorcerer. No matter what I found, when I put it on it was a lame skirt with bikini.

No offense to game developers without girlfriends, or any female interaction at all really, but there are a LOT of cool and sexy outfits a girl can (and do) wear.

I do hope that changes up up a bit for release. It's like, hey, why don't the male elf casters stick to wearing speedos?

Seriously guys, go and hire a female!

Posted: Aug 21st 2008 2:05PM Anatidae said

ok ok... I am sorry Mythic. I take back what I said, just bring back up the servers so I can kill more with my sorceress.

Suddenly my lunch break has hit and I feel withdrawls.

For all it's faults, WAR is damn fun.

Posted: Aug 21st 2008 1:30PM (Unverified) said

I heard further customisation was actually pretty good in WAR, altough I didn't dig too deeply into the itemisation info yet. The level 1 stuff though.. well, it's level 1 stuff. The stuff in the higher tiers should prove more interesting, hopefully.

Posted: Aug 21st 2008 2:16PM masterinsan0 said

Why? Why don't developers get it? The reason WoW is successful is not because it's made by Blizzard or because it's got Warcraft in the name. WoW is successful because of the massive amount of POLISH it has.

I'll admit, this is the first and only video of WAR I've seen, so maybe the rest of the game is better polished, but this character creation screen reminds me of Everquest. That would have been great 8 years ago. Today, it means it looks like ass.

Developers of MMOs: Polish the crap out of your game, so that even the character creation screen shines. People are tired of paying $15 a month for rough-edged experiences when they can a) pay $15 for WoW (or LotRO), or b) play a better-polished single player game.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2008 4:49PM (Unverified) said

dude WoW's character creation screen sucks. You can't even zoom in to see exactly what face you're making. I mean try making a Troll, you can barely see any kind of facial modeling.

Posted: Aug 21st 2008 4:51PM SgtBaker said

Dude, chill.

And please don't put words into my mouth, I'm "people" and I'm not tired of paying for new exciting MMO's.

WoW still has graphical bugs (make a Draenei male and try to make him sit on chairs or even on his own mount and marvel the "polish" you're so trying to push here).

I don't particularly care about polish - I want a *fun* game with *fun* gameplay and *fun* things to do (are you seeing the theme here). Fcuk the polish, release the game.

Posted: Aug 21st 2008 6:19PM (Unverified) said

Am i the only one who thinks all these character creation videos looks frankly amateurish? The same idle animations over and over on several of the classes/races? I'm still anxious to try this, but after all the hype, i'm starting to be more and more disappointed with what i see.
Those saying polish isn't important, this is the first introduction into the world, and it's lifeless and lacks any character.
Don't get me wrong, i'm a huge Warhammer tabletop fan, and want this to rock badly, but i'm not seeing it yet. (not in beta, so i'll have to wait to see for myself) Still wondering why they went fantasy Warhammer instead of going 40k for the first one.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2008 12:32AM (Unverified) said

Nice Blackguard in that Chaos vid. How old are these exactly?

Posted: Aug 22nd 2008 8:33AM (Unverified) said

If you'd been following the whole thing, you'd know the Black Guard was supposed to have been a Dark Elf class... Seeing as the Black Guard are Malekith's honour guard. They were never a Chaos thing.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2008 11:01PM (Unverified) said

Every developing house should take note of what Funcom did with their character creation screen(s) for AoC. Most engaging, original character creation I've ever seen.