Posted: Aug 18th 2008 8:55AM (Unverified) said

As excited as I am about seeing TSW given some 'air-time' on Massively, I'm less keen on seeing it labelled as a horror genre mmo.

While I'm sure there will be demonic elements to it, I tend to believe that it will be leaning more towards a 'secret society / occult than outright horror. After spending over a year on the TSW forums and reading some of the threads people have been putting forward since the the first viral advertising was released back towards May '07, the ideas presented so far seem to lean towards this belief.

My only concerns regarding the development of this game stem from the rocky start that FC have had with AoC and previous attempts at new mmo genre directions, such as Hellgate: London.

Posted: Aug 17th 2008 6:21PM Nadril said

Pray to god guate doesn't get his hands on it.

Posted: Aug 17th 2008 6:32PM Sephirah said

Another game from Failcom? No thank you.

Posted: Aug 17th 2008 10:30PM (Unverified) said

After Age of Conan I will NEVER play another Funcom game again. PERIOD!

Posted: Aug 18th 2008 10:35AM UnSub said

This MMO looks a hell of a lot more interesting than a lot of other proposed titles. Hopefully Funcom is able to deliver it.

Posted: Aug 18th 2008 7:06AM (Unverified) said

Honestly, great screenshots and stuff, but where's my promised level 80 raid content?!

Posted: Aug 18th 2008 8:19AM (Unverified) said

ye,Failcom will lose so many people after AOC so i dont belive people will buy a new game from them with the same engine and all the flaws AOC had.
No thank you Funcom,fix the things in AOC before you try to dump a other Beta games to people.

Posted: Aug 18th 2008 10:00AM (Unverified) said

i would absolutely LOVE a MMO involving zombies/undead in a horror style setting. too bad it's failcom doing it as i'll never buy another failcom title after age of CoNOPVEnan.

Posted: Aug 18th 2008 11:39AM Crsh said

Same here, I'm all for exploring new genres in the MMO realm, but this is Funcom we're talking about, so it might turn into Hellgate London: Reloaded.

Posted: Aug 18th 2008 10:37AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Gotta say, I agree with the negative sentiment from disgruntled former AoC players. Fuck Failcom and all their future games. May they burn in the bargain bin.

Posted: Aug 18th 2008 1:38PM (Unverified) said

Well the article says the screenshot is from pre-alpha footage. For Funcom that means the game will probably be released sometime next week.

Posted: Aug 21st 2008 10:00AM (Unverified) said

I've never played AoC but I hope this one does well because I really want to play the Dreamfall Chapters to see the end of the Longest Journey Saga.

MMO Week in Review: It is your Destiny