Posted: Aug 16th 2008 2:15PM PlasticSpork said

Still looks like City of Heroes II with bad camera controls.

Posted: Aug 16th 2008 2:59PM (Unverified) said

That looks ... terrible. Generic beat-em-up with awkward animation and movement, incredibly samey button-mash gameplay, and the physics are just LAZY.

To quote a friend, "Champions reminds me of when the two sequels to The Matrix were about to come out and everyone had totally feasible ideas for how'd they'd work, only the ideas were replaced with less feasible ones that kind of sucked."

Posted: Aug 21st 2008 4:50AM (Unverified) said

I guess we'll find out when it goes Beta.

Posted: Aug 17th 2008 9:11AM (Unverified) said

The animations in these videos look better than AoC, and everything looks 1000 times better than WAR. Sorry, but the two "big" recent MMOs are some of the ugliest looking games with the most craptastic animations I've ever seen.

This at lest looks like I won't get sick of the graphics after 30 seconds.

Posted: Aug 17th 2008 10:02AM phobic99 said

Good looks can only go so far unfortunately.

Posted: Aug 18th 2008 3:50PM (Unverified) said

Your criticisms are really rediculous this early in development. I'm sure even the first matrix was full of a bunch of shots of green at this point - heck, they probably hadn't finished the script...

Posted: Aug 19th 2008 7:05AM (Unverified) said

The graphics look really nice but what kills this for me is the horrible controls. These players seem unable to easily pick their targets or turn the camera to actually see the action. And movement without any strafing looks awkward at best. It will truly be a shame if they fail to add a mouse+keyboard control scheme like the one in City of Heroes.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2008 7:46AM (Unverified) said

The grahpics look incredible, since they are playing a small demo you can tell they are still picking up the controls just but how they play. The action could defiently be smoothier but so far I like what I'm seeing. Very fast passed and love the rope catch!

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014