Other feature highlights include:
- Brand new zones with some old favorite names. Innothule Swamp?
- Wall-to-wall dungeon crawling, revisiting some of the highlight real best of the original EverQuest. Guk, Mistmoore, and Befallen are all ripe for the picking.
- No new level increase, but a big bump in the number of Achievement points you can get - up to 200. Additionally, the expansion will feature brand new class-specific AA lines!
- Tons more, including new deities, new Heritage quests, and a new 'Shard' system that will let you pick your loot rewards instead of hoping for drops!
LEGACY OF EVERQUEST® FRANCHISE CONTINUES WITH ANNOUNCEMENT OF EverQuest AND EverQuest II EXPANSIONS AT FAN FAIRE
All attendees to Receive Both Expansions for Free as Part of Living Legacy Program!
LAS VEGAS, NEV. – Aug. 15, 2008 – Thousands of video game enthusiasts are in Las Vegas for the annual Sony Online Entertainment Fan Faire where the upcoming expansions for the online role-playing games EverQuest (EQ) and EverQuest II (EQII) were just announced. As part of SOE's extensive Living Legacy program designed to entice new and past EQ and EQII players into the games and reward the existing loyal playerbase, all Fan Faire attendees will receive the software for both expansions for free, an unprecedented offering.
"It is such a privilege to announce the upcoming expansions for two of our most popular games, EverQuest and EverQuest II, in a venue like Fan Faire where we are joined by thousands of our loyal fans, and it seems more than appropriate to give those fans access to both of the expansions for free," said John Smedley, president of Sony Online Entertainment. "Both of these expansions are rich in content and adventure, and will provide our players with hours of excitement as they explore the online world of Norrath."
EverQuest II The Shadow Odyssey is the fifth expansion for the critically acclaimed EQII franchise and follows the award-winning and best-selling Rise of Kunark expansion. New players and veterans alike will journey through a substantial amount of exquisite content with more than 20 new zones, including the Moors of Ykesha, a massive outdoor zone once known as Innothule Swamp, and the legendary dungeon Guk. Throughout the summer months, players were treated to prelude events, such as the Void Storms, that gave them a glimpse into the expansion lore and content from The Shadow Odyssey, building the anticipation leading up to the launch.
EverQuest II The Shadow Odyssey Feature Set:
- New Zones: Journey through more than 20 new zones, including the new overland zone, Innothule Swamp.
- Dungeon Adventures: Experience nostalgic EverQuest dungeon themes, such as Najena, Mistmoore and The Sebilisian Empire, and adventure through more than 18 goal-based dungeons, such as Ruins of Guk and Befallen.
- Achievement Point: An achievement level cap increase to 200 that offers new achievements for class-specific lines.
- Dungeon Delving: A new mission system for players to replay content with new and different experiences.
- Heritage Quests: Six new quests with unique rewards being added.
- Shard Trafficking: A new point system offers players more upgrade options and the ability to purchase equipment upgrades.
- Epic Tales: Stories told through battles with dozens of new creatures and hundreds of new quests.
- New Deities: Rodcet Nife and Anashti Sul are introduced into Norrath.
- Access to All Previous Content: Includes all previous expansion packs and adventure packs.
- Legends of Norrath: Includes strategic online trading card game, digital starter deck and booster pack.