For players looking to go toe-to-toe with their enemies while keeping their allies fighting the good fight, this class is a very nice fit. Unlike your typical mace-swinging healer of old, this is a class that wouldn't think twice about running someone through with their twisted blade.
The mechanic for the Disciple of Khaine isn't too difficult to comprehend and operate on the battlefield. In fact, it's fairly easy to manage upfront. The challenge comes in choices. Some of your abilities are going to build up a reserve of Soul Essence (SE) while others deplete it. The trick is to know when to deal damage, buff/debuff or heal. Damaging your opponents will build Soul Essence, while buffs/debuffs and healing will deplete the finite resource -- it's capped out at 250. So it really depends on the player, but some situations beg for certain strategies (such as needing to focus on healing those crucial tanks at choke points) more than others.
These abilities are displayed in the order that they are learned, from levels one to five.
- Level 1 - Fist of Khaine: 1sec cast, 65ft range, (Builds 15 SE) You call forth the wrath of Khaine, dealing 10 Spirit damage.
- Level 1 - Restore Essence: 0.5sec cast, 150ft range, (Reqs 60 SE) Dark forces restore 33 health to an ally immediately and another 87 over 9 seconds.
- Level 1 - Cleave Soul: (Builds 30 SE) A potent attack which deals 20 damage.
- Level 2 - Consume Strength: (Builds 25 SE) A crippling attack which deals 15 damage and reduces an enemy's Strength by 2 for 10 seconds. Your defensive target's Strength is increased by 2.
- Level 3 - Soul Infusion: Instant cast, 150ft range, (Reqs 30 SE) Your target is gradually infused with 200 health over 15 seconds.
- Level 4 - Covenant of Tenacity: No cost, No range, 10sec cooldown. A pact with Khaine that increases your entire group's armor by 16.
- Level 5 - Lacerate: (Builds 20 SE) A gory strike that Cripples your enemy, dealing 30 damage over 10 seconds and reducing their Toughness by 3.
|Did you enjoy this? Make sure to check out all of our previous Warhammer Online features, and don't miss any of our ongoing coverage as Massively goes to WAR!|