Posted: Aug 14th 2008 6:12PM (Unverified) said

"Grieving" my ass. This is awesome.

Factional Warfare is a war by proxy, the empires are not directly involved. Now role play alliances start entering the war, too.

This is much better than any story a storywriter could create.

Posted: Aug 14th 2008 7:11PM (Unverified) said

I find it interesting that they found a way to become a part of factional warfare that fits in with their own roleplaying/background, but doesn't unbalance the militia struggles.

It's doubtful that Star Fraction are the *only* ones deccing militia corps, but they're the only alliance I've heard of that has done so strictly for roleplaying reasons.

Posted: Aug 15th 2008 1:42AM (Unverified) said

Gold! I can see how factioneers would consider this griefing: somebody has found a way to bring EVE's harsh realities storming into their carefully-partitioned 'storyline PVP' area. War is hell :)

Posted: Aug 15th 2008 5:30AM (Unverified) said

EVE is survival of the fittest. Social Darwinism at its zenith. Care bears need to quit the QQ for THIS IS EVE. tyvm Star Fraction for giving the carebears a wonderful ass whipping. I knew I always respected those RPers for some reason. lol

Posted: Aug 15th 2008 7:57AM (Unverified) said

It's a simple yet legal means for Alliance to achieve the same purpose. Simply brilliant.

And it's also nice to see the Caldari faction getting pressured this way.

Posted: Aug 15th 2008 9:24AM (Unverified) said

I don't see that anyone's "circumventing" anything. They're engaging on a corp-to-corp basis, which is exactly what the existing war declaration mechanics have allowed since day 1. It's not griefing any more than any other war declaration is griefing.

CCP has stated repeatedly in the past that Faction Warfare is "real PVP", well here it is.