Posted: Aug 13th 2008 8:12AM Dirame said

Why not got for both, as long as I can create two chars I see no reason why I cant kick my own arse.

Posted: Aug 13th 2008 8:52AM (Unverified) said

What, no Romulans?

I would pick the Federation. I'd have to try on that uniform :)

Posted: Aug 13th 2008 9:41AM Wouldzey said

Same here heh.

I do love the Klingons but the Federation is just too tempting. Bah, i hate being the good guys too.

I think im going to try to create a new race for my character instead of picking one of the pre-made ones. It sounds really interesting.

Posted: Aug 13th 2008 12:27PM (Unverified) said

Cardassians.

I'll pick up STO when I can play Cardassians.

Posted: Aug 13th 2008 1:31PM (Unverified) said

Come on... this is just so upsetting. The federation vs the klingons? They could have come up with something truly unique - perhaps revisiting the dominion to some extent? Odo? Either way, I hope to god they really add true immersion into this game, so if you choose, you can just go on exploring and doing science related missions.

Posted: Aug 13th 2008 3:31PM (Unverified) said

QUOTE - "Will you join the United Federation of Planets, an idealistic democracy and diverse coalition of races that Roddenberry based on the (perhaps unreal) American ideal?"

Posted: Aug 13th 2008 4:11PM (Unverified) said

Klingon, no question.

Posted: Aug 13th 2008 5:07PM (Unverified) said

Klingon Smash?

Posted: Aug 13th 2008 5:23PM (Unverified) said

Klingons, no contest.

An to TJX, yes, the Federation was actually based on American ideals. Gene Roddenberry was an American, as is the entire concept of the United Nations. A simple search will bring up a ton of history about how the UN came to be. An idea born right here in the U.S.A.

Posted: Aug 14th 2008 12:43AM (Unverified) said

'The Federation is based on AMERICAN IDEALS?? That's news to me. IMO the Federation is more closer to UNREALISTIC United Nations ideals.'

Actually the whole political layout of the major powers in the original Star Trek was based on the Federation as NATO that was lead by the U.S., the Klingons as the U.S.S.R. and because they were such an isolationist country in the 60's the Chinese were the Romulans.

Posted: Aug 13th 2008 6:54PM (Unverified) said

> Or will you take the path of Awesome™ and choose the Klingon Empire, a battle-crazed, feudalistic warrior culture dedicated to honorable bloodshed?

Lol well if you're going to put it like THAT..

Global Chat: Gamers Secret Santa