Posted: Aug 11th 2008 11:02PM (Unverified) said

Seeds of Destruction? Is this going to be the expansion that finally sees an end to EverQuest? We can only hope so.

Posted: Aug 12th 2008 5:09AM (Unverified) said

Why, 'we can only hope?' Fair enough if you're not an Everquest fan; it's easy to guess you're a WoW player by your choice in avatar. But plenty of people obviously do enjoy it, still play it, and welcome the news of another expansion.

Posted: Aug 12th 2008 6:01AM (Unverified) said

That's the default avatar I think you'll find.

Personally I never understood WoW-EQ animosity. They have a lot of stuff in common "feel" wise, just different styles. And, you know, Sony.

Posted: Aug 12th 2008 6:39AM wjowski said

Most likely it's a widely held perception that WoW 'dethroned' EQ as the biggest MMO in the business (nevermind that FFXI had already managed that several years before).

Posted: Aug 12th 2008 7:34AM (Unverified) said

Interesting that, if you trust mmogchart.com's numbers, it took EverQuest 2 roughly two years to overtake EverQuest in subscriber numbers, and last update, it was only ahead by 200k to 175k.

Posted: Aug 12th 2008 8:17AM (Unverified) said

Nice, well think its gonna be the last expansion for eq.

Posted: Aug 12th 2008 8:20AM (Unverified) said

It's that EQ is so outdated, almost ten years old now. It has so many bad designs in it. But as long as it doesn't lose any money for Sony, sure, keep it around. But I think they'll end it sooner than later. I think the story calls for it.

And based on your avatar RJGiskard, I can only guess you're a WoW player. :P

Posted: Aug 12th 2008 10:29AM (Unverified) said

Well, yeah, I do play WoW for a month or two here and there (I cycle between a few MMOs). And now that others have posted, it's obvious that it's the default avatar. :)

Still, what does it matter that EQ's graphics are 'outdated' or that it's almost ten years old? As you say, EQ continues to make money; it wouldn't do so if people didn't continue to enjoy playing it. You're not one of them, obviously, but why wish it to close house just because you don't like it when tens of thousands of people obviously do?

Just seems a bit egotistical to me.

Posted: Aug 31st 2008 1:31PM (Unverified) said

Ya it definitely seems to me that WoW players want Everquest to end simply by jealousy. Ive played WoW for a couple years and it can even come close to the joys of Everquest play in my opinion. Everquest may look "outdated", but WoW just looks cartoonish and thrown together. And 10 years of Everquest means 10 years of nostolgia and lore...something WoW will never have.