Posted: Aug 9th 2008 8:10AM (Unverified) said

Yea, I am addicted to LOTRO at the moment... I was addicted to WoW but it got soooo repetitive I had to find another game... Thats when I bought Age of Conan CE and wasted my money on it... Then I found LOTRO... Bought LOTRO for $10 from their promotion then go the founder's special for $10 a month... Just like I got LOTRO for free!

But anyway... Yea, I spend too much time playing MMOs :)

Posted: Aug 9th 2008 8:49AM GenBanks said

I'm definitely playing too much! I tend to go in cycles though... I've been playing loads and probably getting too immersed in games. But then I go travelling for about a month and half with no computer games, followed by going back to Uni at the end of September. So the way my life works at the moment the obsession kind of breaks itself off at random intervals, meaning I'm not too worried.

Posted: Aug 9th 2008 9:26AM (Unverified) said

I do not play too much but used to. In the early WoW days I was taken with the MMO and sank too many hours into it. The WoW grind quickly turned me off. Sat night instances were too time intensive for too little reward. Then came LOTRO. There were small windows while leveling to 50 that took too much time but my nights. But the days of sitting at a game all day are gone.

Posted: Aug 9th 2008 9:30AM (Unverified) said

"Bated" It's "bated breath." "Bait" is used in mouse traps, fishing, roach motels, etc.

Posted: Aug 9th 2008 9:32AM (Unverified) said

I'm considering cancelling my WoW accounts over this very reason. I find that I am playing far too much and getting zero sense of accomplishment or entertainment value for my money. I still think it's a wonderful game, but after three years of the same old same old, I've had enough.

I preordered Warhammer as it doesn't look to be half of the time sink that WoW is, not to mention the DAoC style RvR is something I sorely miss.

Posted: Aug 9th 2008 9:35AM (Unverified) said

You make a good point, Grimm! Thanks!

Posted: Aug 9th 2008 9:41AM (Unverified) said

I'm currently putting in overtime in LOTRO trying to get everything done I wanted to do before Moria. I'd like to have full Rift gear.. but i'm more interested in just DOING things I havn't done yet, such as the 3 Annuminas instances and getting my final Legendary Trait.

Posted: Aug 9th 2008 9:42AM (Unverified) said

I play MMO's very lightly, weekends only. Total time played about 4h/week.

From about 1999 to 2002 I was pretty harshly addicted to Asheron's Call, though I was still a part of a soccer team and played that pretty constantly.

I know some people that WoW has a deathgrip on, and I mean has had it for years. The kind of addiction that makes you lie to people about going to a party or going to play frisbeegolf or something so they can raid. I have a feeling these people were loosers before I met them though.

Posted: Aug 9th 2008 11:12AM (Unverified) said

i love the picture massively :)

Posted: Aug 9th 2008 1:53PM (Unverified) said

Well, in my defense, I've been taking classes full-time and working full-time for the last 5 quarters. I decided to skip Summer quarter and relax... so I've been gaming the heck outta EQ2 and am anxiously awaiting my (CE Preorder) WAR beta invite. ;)

I did have an ASP.net/C# project I wanted to finish this summer... but Fall classes don't start until Sept. 23rd. Should be plenty of time, right? Right?

But yeah... I'm playing WAY too much. ;)

Posted: Aug 10th 2008 7:42AM Ghen said

I don't play too much, but I do play a lot. My definition is when game time interrupts something more important like your job (which pays for the game time.)

From the outside my 40+ hours a week of gaming is ludicrous, but I don't watch TV and I don't feel spending $15 (plus snacks) on a 2 hour movie is cost efficient. My wife and I just stay in and play games together. Its nice bonding time.

Posted: Aug 11th 2008 2:50AM (Unverified) said

Not playing too much at the moment. I let my WoW account lapse a few months ago because I'd run out of things to do. Tried EQ2 for a month or so but it didn't grab me. Tried LOTRO for a month or so but it didn't grab me either.

Having said that, there is a Warhammer Online Beta Test currently underway, and I am a member of the Warhammer Online Beta Test. So I might be about to start playing too much again soon!