Posted: Aug 6th 2008 1:06PM Nadril said

"so this is a bit like shutting the stable door after the horse has... well, not so much bolted as seduced your wife, stolen the family silver, drunk all your cognac, smoked your cigars, lost interest and ambled off."

This is awesome. Also Funcom, again, dropped the ball hardcore here letting such an easy change go unfixed for DAYS. Now their economy is even more fucked up, awesome!

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 1:16PM Lethality said

• 1 heart
Isn't it time maybe we all even stopped paying lip service to this game? There's really nothing to talk about anymore, the game is dead and I don't see why story space is given to it.

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 1:36PM (Unverified) said

I was thinking the same thing when I read this.

WTF cares about AoC at this point, it's another failed, low quality western MMORPG.

Just let it go....

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 1:51PM GenBanks said

There are still plenty of people who play it!

Some people are just obnoxiously vocal about the fact that they don't like the game.

It's the newest MMO out there, and it is definitely NOT dead, and won't be until WAR comes out at the very least. I would guess it still has at least as many players as Eve online, which also gets loads of coverage.

If you don't like the game, just ignore the posts about it...

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 1:53PM Kamokazi said

They give story space away to MUCH worse and far more dead games.

And I think the game will do OK in the long run. It seems to be the trend with MMOs in the post-WoW era. Build hype, get initial players, release crap, lose a ton of players, slowly fix game over a year, get a few players back and live a life of mediocrity. Funcom themselves did this pre-WoW with AO. It sucked pretty bad at launch, but they made some decent ground back after they had a finished product on their hands....a year or two later. EVE is the comeback king. They were considered doomed at launch, but years later they continue to add subscribers. More recently we have Tabula Rasa seeminly bringing players back after not quite a year. EQ2 even recovered somewhat from attempting to launch at the same time as WoW.

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 2:03PM (Unverified) said

Hmm, aren't you a repetitive little troll. We get the message, you don't like the game.

Fortunately many people really don't care about your opinion so just go away and annoy people somewhere else.

Thank you.

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 7:04PM Graill440 said

• 1 heart
"I was thinking the same thing when I read this.

Just let it go...."

Just for the record, AOC is not a Western mmo, It's a failed EURO mmo, get straight. But then again i guess it depends where you are on the planet as to where you place blame for this Basket case.

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 1:42PM GenBanks said

Yeah, I went over to the demons in Poitain today and they've definitely completely nerfed the drops. Spent about an hour or two there in a party and the highest thing we got was a green item.

They seem also to have lengthened the respawn timer, which is a bit irritating for grinding.

I got a purple drop in one of the villas today though, so there are still options :)

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 10:26PM Crsh said

I'll repeat the question I had when they introduced those demons last week: what's the point in putting them there?

They're in small packs that don't patrol the zone, they just stand around; at first I thought maybe it's to "control" lower-level players and annoy farmers.. but it's a gathering zone, the whole point is to farm mats/resources.

If they don't drop anything of interest (ie. epics galore was admittedly over the top, but what if they had some slightly better drops like, I don't know, bolts of SILK?).

They fixed the epic drops, which should not have happened in the first place anyway, but the mobs are completely pointless.

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 4:01PM GenBanks said

Well, the reason we were killing them was that it's much safer than Keshetta for the 70s level players looking to grind. Keshetta is sort of owned by a couple ganking-oriented guilds which makes it really difficult to level there. I'm actually level 62, so I don't have any need to go there, but the lvl 70s guildies asked if I wanted to tag along so I went for the XP.

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 2:50PM Triskelion said

• 1 heart
I love when fanboys get their panties in a bunch whenever haters put
down their game. I got news for you; the haters are allowed to post
their hate for the game just as much as you have the right to defend
it. I love the "go elsewhere if you don't like the game" retorts, like if
they do go away the game's issues will be fixed.

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 4:05PM GenBanks said

The 'haters' are asking that there be less coverage of the game on this blog.

It's not that I take it personally that someone doesn't like the game I like, I'm totally fine with that. It's the fact that there were a couple of people saying 'omg I don't want any more posts about AoC'. That's when it pisses me off, because this site is as much for me to read as it is for someone who doesn't like AoC to read. If they really don't like AoC they (you) shouldn't bother with the posts you don't like. You shouldn't call for them to be removed. You're the ones trying to restrict speech, when the fans of the game say not to complain so much we're just saying not to complain about the coverage, not to not complain about the game.

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 4:32PM Triskelion said

Oh I agree, this is an MMO blog site. And I would never want to see any news or info omitted. I actually enjoy watching AoC implode every week, makes me regret my decision of spending all that money getting the game (CE), but then again it makes me feel glad that I canceled when the first red flags went up.

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 3:08PM (Unverified) said

Cmon, it's not THAT big a deal, is it? A mob gave good loot for a bit and they fixed it.

Geez, just about every MMO I have played has had that happen.

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 3:12PM Nadril said

• 1 heart
Yeah, not that big of a deal guys. A mob dropped epics with an insanely high drop rate, effectively screwing up the economy even more and overflooding it with items, draging the price way down. This happens everywhere!

Fuck do you even read what you're typing dude? Goddamn Funcom fanboys are ridiculous.

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 3:26PM TwistedBishop said

Except you're right and it HAS happened to all MMOs at some point. This highlights the problem with AoC haters on this site: they blow most issues way out of proportion.

I'd care less if I wasn't sure I'd have to read the exact same complaints when WAR releases, or the KotOR MMO, or Champions. The names will change, but the irrational hysteria will remain.

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 4:07PM GenBanks said

LMAO... "Funcom fanboys" yeah right. You can't handle that some people like the game, so you just assume that they must be illogical and incoherent people and do your best to label them as 'drones' and some kidn of isolated community.
Come back when you finish high school please.

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 4:21PM Nadril said

• 1 heart
I'm sure there might be a couple who enjoy the game, but what he posted really was fanboyish in nature. Maybe drop rates have been screwed up in other games, but they also are hot fixed right away...and not in a few days. On top of that I'd love for some decent examples of this happening in a game at such a large scale. This isn't a small screwed up loot table, this is players getting free epics and destroying another portion of the games shattered economy.

"Come back when you finish high school please."

It's a pity I've been out of high school for a few years now then, isn't it?

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 3:11PM TwistedBishop said

Actually, the actions of the same three people polluting every AoC thread with "I hate this game, it's dumb, stop posting about it" is simple trolling.

And no, that's not something everyone has a right to do.

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 3:15PM Nadril said

• 1 heart
Since when did posting my opinion in a blog constitute as trolling? I'm not trying to instigate any angry replies (not that there are many fans left to reply) and am just posting my thoughts to a certain article. It wasn't even off the topic.