Posted: Aug 6th 2008 9:34AM Arkanaloth said

I think these changes are awesome... high security space will indeed become "high security". Sure it's possible to ply one's trade in those areas but you'll burn for it... this just makes sense. For Concord, protection of high sec space "is just good business."

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 10:23AM (Unverified) said

I agree. You can still fight in high-sec using war decs, and you can still gank if you're willing to take the hit. Let the risk-takers and gankers go to low-sec if they want to play games with expensive ships.

I like this the best:

"CCP Fear says, "The highly requested feature of removal of insurance in CONCORD related events will be implemented in the near future."

All the other features fade to insignificance to this. People will be more reluctant to try to tank sentry guns if they lose battleships and don't get reimbursed. Highly endorse this proposal.

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 12:25PM SgtBaker said

Overall good changes, suiciding autopiloting t1 industrials carrying loads of valuables with couple of Caracals will still be very profitable - you just need to pick your targets carefully. No free ganks anymore. That's great.

And with some luck carebears will relax even more and think high-sec is indeed "safe" :-) Yay for 1bn ISK autopiloting Badgers between Jita and Amarr :-)

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 1:29PM (Unverified) said

I'm not sure its fair to say that suicide ganking is coming to an end. The price for doing it is going up, but there will still be room for it.

Posted: Aug 7th 2008 5:19AM (Unverified) said

I am still an EVE carebear noob but I really really hope that these proposed changes do signal the end of all suicide ganking.

I believe that suicide gankers fulfil a vital role in EVE. They are the boogie men of Empire space. They are the nightmares that haunt our carebear dreams. They are the reason we need to keep looking over our shoulders even in "safe" empire space.

I can understand that the current situation is unbalanced in favour of the ganker and that the risk versus reward situation needs to be adjusted.

I just hope the proposed changes don't go too far. I hope that the most dedicated gankers will refine the calculations, select their targets more carefully and remain. I hope that I will still have a reason to look over my shoulder in empire space.

EVE without risk would not be EVE.

Posted: Aug 7th 2008 8:35AM (Unverified) said

Aghhhhh .... %%&&&@@!! typo changed the entire meaning of my post. Please read the first sentence of my post above as

"I really hope these changes do NOT signal the end of all suicide ganking"

Posted: Aug 7th 2008 10:57AM (Unverified) said

mbp, no worries, your meaning was clear.

Suicide ganking will still be possible, but it won't be mindless anymore -- the gankers will need to carefully pick their targets, not just hit any Bestower fast and hope it pays off.

I wonder if it means that gankers will watch market activity and contracts, target specific individuals. (I'm sure some already do this.) Not a bunch of guys sitting on a gate and popping an indy or freighter simply because of the class of ship.

Suicide ganks aren't my playstyle, but this type of thing really needs to be left in the game. If it requires more cunning on the part of the gankers, even better.

Still, in the back of my mind, the idea is nagging at me ... does this remove too much of the element of risk from operating in Empire?

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM