Posted: Aug 6th 2008 8:30AM Nadril said

It seems to be contraticting with

which states

Live Game Head Start begins September 15, 2008 at 10am EST
Official Server Live date is September 18, 2008 at 10am EST

Wonder which is right?

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 8:30AM Askgar said

Apparently its 18th Sept from a UK article...

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 8:45AM (Unverified) said

Spinks from the Book of Grudges is where I saw it.

They have it from the Warhammer official Europe site.

Sept 18th it is.

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 8:46AM (Unverified) said

There's no way this could be accurate. They haven't even entered open beta yet, and that release date is just over two weeks away. I mean, I guess they could do it, but that would mean one of the shortest open beta programs ever utilised in an MMO wouldn't it?

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 8:49AM moopcow said

September 18th is like 5 weeks away.

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 8:54AM Nadril said

I think he was talking about the 23rd release date.

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 9:30AM TheJackman said

So this game will be completed on 23rd Sep 2009! Feel free to buy it when it comes out and get hit with the hype in you face with unstable servers and lots of bugs and weekly patch. I learn my lesson with AoC.

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 9:32AM (Unverified) said

US Press release confirms September 18th release date. This should've been known as the US and EU release dates were always known to be the same ;)

~ Dave

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 9:48AM (Unverified) said

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 11:23AM (Unverified) said

I have to say, as much as I have been looking forward to the retail opening of WAR... I am a little concerned how much trouble these guys have getting out simple factual messages like a release date. Hopefully it is not a harbinger of things to come. :)

Posted: Aug 6th 2008 7:41PM (Unverified) said

I got my hopes up when I first saw this.

But thought that it was too soon. Being that the date is embedded in the image I think that the date is still going to be significant.

What if the marketing arm mixed up the Open Beta start date with the Release date!

I'm crossing my fingers and putting my money on an August 23rd start to open beta.

Posted: Aug 7th 2008 2:05AM (Unverified) said

Well open beta client download has been announced for August 15, so August 23 for open beta start is not implausible.

MMO Week in Review: Happy New Year!

Posted on Dec 28th 2014 8:00PM