Posted: Aug 5th 2008 8:26AM (Unverified) said

If a class is attractive enough then someone will play it. Obviously messing around with light sabres and force lighting is very, very attractive, and cool...but if other options are there which are just as cool, then people will go for those...

I don't think there will be one type of jedi. You can have a combat/light sabre focus, one which uses force powers more (al a mage-type character), one which can heal. (ok so I'm close to the holy-trinity there, but it does work)....

Other non-jedi classes can be just as cool. A heavy armour bounty-hunter. A quick-fast on the draw smuggler...a droid character which can modify parts...etc etc....

Make it cool make it good, and people will play.

Posted: Aug 5th 2008 8:38AM (Unverified) said

They need a "Scruffy-Looking" class and that's me.

Posted: Aug 5th 2008 8:38AM Ghen said

Meatbag hating assassin droid =)

Posted: Aug 5th 2008 8:41AM (Unverified) said

I'm partial to duel-wielding lightsabers.

Posted: Aug 5th 2008 8:45AM Wouldzey said

I dont want to see:

Jedi Healers: Let other non-jedi roles take that role
Jedi Tanks: Jedi tanks? Dont be daft.

What i'd like to see:
Melee:
Jedi Guardian / Sith Destroyer: Melee DPS
Jedi Consular / Sith Sentinal: Melee Crowd Control
Teras Kasi: Melee Tank

Ranged:
Bounty Hunter: Ranged DPS
Smuggler: Ranged Crowd Control
Commando: Ranged Tank

Support:
Ranger: Stealth & Survival Support
Combat Medic: Healing Support
Creature Handler: Creature Support

All the classes should be able to fight well, even the support guys. Whats makes them different is that they support the group or themselves too.

I really dont want this game to be all about Jedi. There is more to the IP than just hitting things with a light stick. Plus, it would look pants having 10 jedi slapping the same womp rat at once. You need variation.

Oh and ALL CLASSES BALANCED!

Posted: Aug 5th 2008 8:48AM Wouldzey said

Personally i want to play as a ranger. Using camo and survival techniques to sneak around and get people stuck in my traps. The Ranger could be like a pathfinder, able to see whats going on around him, play a support healer role to the combat medic through use of survival techniques and construct powerful camo to hide themselves from others.

I'd put droids down as a class i want to play but i think they should be a race and able to do any class they want except jedi/sith.

Posted: Aug 5th 2008 9:22AM (Unverified) said

Hopefully they carry over the idea of your actions dictating who you are, so that players start neutral, but can become good or evil.

I would want to be a Sith Lord.

Posted: Aug 5th 2008 9:38AM moopcow said

I'd love to see them take the creature-handler role from SWG and include it, but I'm not sure how it could possibly fit into the lore. Though there are the beast riders of Onderon as well as Rancor-riders. Doubt that'll happen though, but I know their classes will be awesome.

And to ScytheNoire good call, starting neutral and becoming evil/good would be a nice change from the typical MMO of starting evil/good.

Posted: Aug 5th 2008 9:58AM (Unverified) said

I'll play w/e Bioware gives me. I'm pretty sure they're not going to screw up the game, and I'm not setting myself up for dissappointment by "creating" what I'd "hope" for and it doesn't come to fruition.

Posted: Aug 5th 2008 9:56AM GenBanks said

Explorer/trader, like the article on Massively about explorers in Eve. I doubt KotorO will have the scope I'm describing, or even of Eve (if it outdoes Eve, KotorO will be the best MMO there is) but I can dream on.

I would journey to dangerous corners of the universe and land on planets that very few have explored, finding unusual resources and interesting new stuff to sell off to other players. Maybe I would enslave some locals and smuggle them into the Empire to sell as entertainment for dodgy (player owned?) bars (*Evil laugh*). Perhaps I would report back to Imperial authorities on the location if I found that the planet was particularly ripe for colonization, in exchange for money and favorable business rights of course :)

This fantasizing is getting me excited, I better stop before my hopes get any higher for this game =(

Posted: Aug 5th 2008 10:19AM Temploiter said

Anything but a Jedi. And if they have Jedi how are they going to make it not be an alpha class? They're going to get stuck with the same problems SWG had, I'm afraid.

Posted: Aug 5th 2008 12:02PM (Unverified) said

They need to go with a skill based system, so that all characters can use the force, too some degree. This allows some to play Jedi, by buying into force powers heavily, yet prevents them from being the exclusive class like in SWG. Any class system is likely to resemble NGE in some way, and that could kill their game before its off the drawing board.

Posted: Aug 5th 2008 12:32PM (Unverified) said

One cyborg wookie assassin, with a laser nunchuck in one hand and a light dagger in another, who eats thermal detonators for breakfast and works as an expert gem-cutter on every even Tuesday, please!

Posted: Aug 5th 2008 2:19PM Saturdays said

i would want to be Boba Fett or any other bounty hunter ftw!

Posted: Aug 5th 2008 2:54PM Syme said

My first choice, if possible, would probably be a Jedi using Soresu.

Posted: Aug 5th 2008 2:56PM Syme said

Second choice would be an Ithoran trader.

Posted: Aug 5th 2008 4:59PM Lethality said

I for one don't want to play a Jedi.

I'd like to play a smuggler/trader type with the ability to actually play the game entirely through non-combat means.

Unfortunately, especially since this seems like it's also going to be available on consoles as well, I suspect we won't get the "depth" that we are all craving for in a Star Wars universe based game.

Let's just pray that they don't take any cues from Age of Conan... worst "mmo" ever.

Posted: Aug 11th 2008 4:19PM (Unverified) said

Personally, I'd love to be a smuggler in a Star Wars game which had the mechanics to actually...let...you...smuggle.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side!

My only real concern is the possibility of joining a server which is overrun with loads of prepubescant idiots all rolling Jedi.

Like many others, I hope Bioware have the foresight to make all classes appealing...even those that don't have laser swords!

Second choice for class would have to be a Teras Kasi / Echani type martial arts class.

Posted: Aug 9th 2008 10:12AM (Unverified) said

I want to be a Jabba the Hut slug and sic my golden clad bikini slaves onto enemies...the ultimate pet class.

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM

The Daily Grind: Do you prize MMO stability?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 8:00AM