Posted: Aug 5th 2008 10:15AM Temploiter said

One thing I'd like to know, were you rooted by the animations with no way to escape out of the root and cancel the animation and attack? That was one big beef I had with CoX and the devs have so far been cozy with that info.

Also, when you charged up a more powerful punch by holding in the attack button, were you rooted then, or just unable to perform any other attacks?

Posted: Aug 5th 2008 11:36AM starka1 said

I have to say I'm a little disappointed. From your description, it sounds too arcade-like to me. The environments sound awesome but the combat looks like as if it will be no better than DCUO. It's what a lot of CoX players feared that gameplay will lean more toward console than PC. Can you get some more info on customization of the powers or how your character improves as he levels?

Hope I'm wrong since I will be buying both on their launch days.

Posted: Aug 5th 2008 1:21PM (Unverified) said

Obviously I haven't tried it but from your describtion the combat system does sound seriously dumbed down from City of Heroes. Being unable to select a single target from a mob without scrolling through the lot of them does not sound appealing to me in the least. I truly hope there will be a proper keyboard+mouse option aswell.

Posted: Aug 5th 2008 2:49PM (Unverified) said

This sounds an awful lot like an MMO version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance, which was a fun enough game for a short while, but seriously lacked the depth of gameplay needed to last for a long time.

Button mashing and jumping around makes for fine gameplay, but for an MMO? Are people really going to be happy button mashing for hours a day, for years to come? Doing the exact same thing over and over and over, regardless of what level they may be?

I really want Champions Online to be good, but what I just read is not encouraging to me at all. If I wanted that kind of gameplay I could just whip out MUA again.

Posted: Aug 5th 2008 5:02PM (Unverified) said

Personally, it just looks like CoH2. I'll give it a go during a trial, but as of right now, I haven't been impressed. I certainly won't be buying it.

Posted: Aug 5th 2008 5:02PM (Unverified) said

out the gate. I won't buy it out the gate.

Posted: Aug 5th 2008 9:52PM (Unverified) said

Okay.
The fighting system is like this.
You have trays, much like Coh and CoV, but you will cycle through them during gameplay for a vast majority of powers!

This description of the game is VERY vague and not one i would like for you to look at. This game should be a great buy, especially if there is no subscription fee to play.

Looking forward to pre-ordering this game from my local EB Games or Best Buy.
This is not a CoH2 btw...its a LOT quicker and more intense for the players who actually KNOW the game.

Posted: Aug 9th 2008 12:09AM (Unverified) said

Well, this game isn't even in Beta phase yet. So just give it more time. There are still ongoing changes being applied to the game, so don't go cry "doom" just yet.

Most of this might change or get perfected upon launch.

Posted: Aug 14th 2008 4:44PM Owlcat said

The 360 controller and the glowing orbs are real turn offs for me. I don't want a console mmo game, I want a pc mmo game.
I don't think I'll get it when it comes out and wait for the reviews.