We first talked about this allll the way back in April
, but it looks like the folks at WoW Insider had it right: Blizzard is making substantial changes to the World of Warcraft
recruit-a-friend program. How substantial? Well, how about some hyper-fast leveling and a unique mount substantial? The brand new updated Blizzard Support FAQ
offers the nitty gritty, but here are the highlights:
- Recruited players are now 'linked' to the player account the invitation was sent from.
- Grouping with a linked player allows both of you to level very quickly. As long as your character and the recruit character are relatively even level, you'll both recieve 3x the normal experience.
- Recruiting players can summon their friends to them once an hour, via a spell, up to level 60.
- For every two levels a recruited player earns, he can grant one level to a character played by the veteran. This character must be lower level than the recruit player's character.
- If the recruit upgrades to a full account from the 10-day trial, these benefits last a full 90 days.
- If the recruit buys a two month subscription as well as upgrading, the recruiting player is granted a unique Zhevra mount.
If these sound like fun, and you've been meaning to get a buddy into the game, you can jump into using the new program via the recruit-a-friend splash page