Posted: Aug 2nd 2008 12:55PM GenBanks said

I pre-ordered a while ago from Play.com (UK). I received a preorder box with my code in it a few weeks ago.

What I really want to know is when the open beta will start :)

Posted: Aug 2nd 2008 3:08PM (Unverified) said

If the release date is mid-September, when is the Open Beta for all the CE pre-orders going to start? Mythic said they were going to drop their NDA sooner because they are so confident, but their release date is before Wrath of the Lich King and it's already dropped it's NDA, unlike Mythic's Warhammer Online. I guess they aren't so confident after all.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2008 7:13PM Mystal said

"Mythic said they were going to drop their NDA sooner because they are so confident, but their release date is before Wrath of the Lich King and it's already dropped it's NDA, unlike Mythic's Warhammer Online. I guess they aren't so confident after all."

Give it a week and Mark Jacobs will turn up claiming that he didn't really mean it like that, and if that's what you thought he meant, then he's sorry that you're not smart enough to understand what he really meant. Because he used to be a lawyer, so he would never say something that wasn't true.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2008 9:29PM Softserve said

I don't know, I think that can't be directly compared. A brand new MMORPG with stuff to prove might have a confident team, but we're comparing it to an extremely established franchise putting out its second expansion pack. There's far less to worry about there, confidence aside.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2008 11:29PM Nadril said

Not to mention shit would get leaked anyways on such a large scale level that its not even worth trying to police it.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2008 1:00AM (Unverified) said

One could easily turn that around and say that maybe Blizz is releasing their NDA early in order to increase hype for the expansion that's not ready to go yet - all in the hopes of retaining a larger section of its playerbase.

See? I can make guesses too. :)

Posted: Aug 3rd 2008 11:49AM (Unverified) said

You could, but Blizz is not at the point where it has anything to prove. Mythic however is launching a MMO, always an.. interesting endavour, about which there are some.. worries.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2008 6:06PM (Unverified) said

everything that has come out isnce the Wrtah NDA dropped has pissed me right off.