Posted: Aug 1st 2008 7:03PM (Unverified) said

I for one welcome our new Blizzard Level overlords..

Posted: Aug 1st 2008 10:10PM (Unverified) said

i like it, blizzard is finally taking the game in a direction ive wanted it to for a long time, by adding goals to the game that arn't about gathering as many people as possible as many nights a week as possible to get the best lewtz possible. i loved this whole idea in lotro, and hope thats wows version can be every bit as fun, challenging and rewarding.

Posted: Aug 1st 2008 8:49PM TheJackman said

I was planing on buying Starcraft II and Diablo III anyway :D

Posted: Aug 2nd 2008 8:34AM Ghen said

Seriously, if they keep adding stuff I may have to buy them twice.

Posted: Aug 1st 2008 10:51PM Anatidae said

I dunno about this. I will level up and then hit the Blizzard cap and I am willing to bet the Blizzard end game is nothing like the level game.

I will have to attend various tradeshows (raids) just to get new gear for my Blizzard toon (me).

When will Blizzard just develop a system without levels!

Posted: Aug 2nd 2008 2:16AM SgtBaker said

Well.. probably never. Levels and that type of gameplay attracts the "Achiever" archetype gamer, which is probably (just a generalization) the largest archetype group in entire gaming industry.
So business-wise implementing this type of system is great. It's also great for players who are into "collecting points", especially if you can show how many points you've collected in public (also called "flashing your epeen").
Slight critizism might be the utter lack of originality of this - Xbox Live and other places have had this type of achievement for a long time already. But then this is Blizzard, originality has never been their strong point - I'm sure they'll make a fine implementation out of this.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2008 8:34AM Ghen said

I love achievements and can't wait to collect them all =)