Posted: Jul 29th 2008 11:09AM Arkanaloth said

When TFLO was cancelled, it took with it my only reason for even considering getting Xbox Live...

I'd hoped they would have shifted development to the PC cause it looked like a really fun MMO too. =_= I can dream I suppose.. maybe it'll come to PS3 with it's native keyboard and mouse support.

Posted: Jul 29th 2008 11:15AM (Unverified) said

This just makes me really wonder what Turbine has in store

Posted: Jul 29th 2008 11:34AM TheJackman said

Age of Conan still heading to the Xbox 360 for a 2nd try. But M$ now known its not that easy to make a good mmo. After WoW lots of mmo did come in and try to copy and all fail. Its not that easy to make a good game and when you talking about a mmo you talking about a game that need keep players happy for months maybe even years. Most m$ games keep people player for like 20 till 40 hours and that is it.

Posted: Jul 29th 2008 12:08PM Softserve said

TFLO was actually a project for the original Xbox. It was canceled midway through the system's life.

There's a comment from NCSoft about the system being too closed off for a MMORPG to work... but you know, there have been examples of companies running their own servers alongside live. There is also the obvious possibility of 360/PC cross-platform play, currently utilized by a few games. There's certainly options there, but I doubt we'll hear much more about that since they've publicly committed to Sony this generation.

Microsoft has bailed on a few MMORPGs already... but I wonder if they've done that more than a lot of companies out there have. There's an awful lot of failed ones or ones that barely get off the ground.

We'll see. Honestly, I think many MMORPGs are just too complicated for console inputs... I don't want to use a keyboard, but I don't want to feel horribly limited compared to my friends on a PC either.

DC Universe Online seems to be getting this more right than wrong... forcing you to stick with only 4 powers at a time works great with a controller and a keyboard, really.

Posted: Jul 30th 2008 4:13AM (Unverified) said

sound more like the big M couldn't have it their way, so gave both games the boot to the highway. Especialy considering the time and finacial obligation it takes to so MMO's. In both cases the big M just walked away leaveing everone else out to dry. As for MUO that wasn't just inhouse they were working with cryptic on it; then there way what marvel wanted. So between what cryptic wanted and marvel wanted which was in sync. It simply wasn't what the big M wanted cuase they could not find or agree on a way for the big M to make the money they wanted out of it, the big M gave it the silver bullet to the head just like FSOL; so that's how it works you play the big M's game or they kick you off their playground.

One Shots: Cruising for Borg

Posted on Dec 22nd 2014 10:00AM

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM