Posted: Jul 25th 2008 8:55AM (Unverified) said

Assuming I had the time/skill I most certainly would.

Under one condition.

Whatever fluff bible the devs were using is handed over as well as a list of the plans they were going to implement.

I loved playing Earth and Beyond all that time ago, and there are still fan movements to recreate or mod something to be a new Earth & Beyond

But the story, the heart of the game? It's gone and I wouldnt play the emulator beyond a 5 minute nostalgia trip if only because it'd be heart breaking to see the game I love brought back, but hollowed out or subject to the whims of random writers.

Posted: Jul 25th 2008 10:00AM (Unverified) said

I agree with Ardy .. assuming my skills applied, I would enjoy donating some time to keep it going and help shape the future of a game.

Posted: Jul 25th 2008 10:02AM (Unverified) said

To add to my previous comment I would even enjoy donating a little time to successful games like WoW or EQ2 as an in-game helper for new players if that were an option.

Posted: Jul 25th 2008 10:17AM (Unverified) said

Providing the work is done for a non-profit organisation, yes. I'm definitely not wasting my spare time improving a commercial world, no matter how great it is, so that some guy can buy himself a new yacht from the saved sets of wages.

Posted: Jul 25th 2008 2:08PM (Unverified) said

Hell yeah!, I'd help run EVE like a shot. Though I doubt CCP is going anywhere soon, I'll happily help run it now, for food. Consider this an application :)

Posted: Jul 25th 2008 4:36PM Graill440 said

I would turn the "pre-burning crusade" part of WOW on its ear. folks would be going "my god!! what originality!!"

but i still wouldnt play it. :)

Posted: Jul 25th 2008 4:41PM (Unverified) said

Definitely not, if the game failed financially I would certainly not become a slave for their monetary resurrection.

Posted: Jul 25th 2008 7:27PM (Unverified) said

I think that this is really the future of online gaming. While people do enjoy playing with 10000000 other players at once on the same game, we just tend to focus on a smaller base of maybe 100 friends.
I have been waiting for an open source version of what Neverwinter Nights was. Player controlled content and smaller servers. A well placed company could make a TON of money by providing support and hosting game servers.

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014