Posted: Jul 24th 2008 2:28PM (Unverified) said

lol. Paid expansions, now... on a 4.5 year old game... w/ 2 new competitors releasing games of the smae genre in the next fiscal year? Backwards?

Posted: Jul 24th 2008 4:15PM (Unverified) said

I think it was just misworded. I think they implied that it's the last issue for 2008. There's no ripples in the pond about a paid expansion coming, nor what would be included in it.

Though, on the heels of your sentiment, if they released a paid expansion (assuming said expansion would be above and beyond what comes each issue), I'd throw down for it. Especially if it made CoH/V a formidable game compared to its still-vaporware contenders.

Posted: Jul 24th 2008 5:43PM (Unverified) said

I agree, Lemmo. Face it, the last paid expansion was an entire new game. Furthermore, the cool thing about COX that's kept me playing for over 4 years is the amount of work is put into the content.

It started out a fairly simplistic game, and has shaped to be quite the contender against other MMO's in terms of customizing, combat, and story content. Now if they could do better marketing, we'd be set.

Posted: Jul 24th 2008 6:48PM (Unverified) said

I'd be totally down for a paid expansion, because with the CoH/CoV merger, such an expansion would clearly be something both sides would be tackling, so arguably, we might be getting two expansions for the price of one (sort of). Of course, plenty of MMOs have opposite factions getting the same expansion content (WoW, for example), so that sort of deflates that argument, but still... even if we only got 2 free updates in 2008, if there IS a paid expansion in 2009, I have faith that it will be HUGE.

Posted: Jul 24th 2008 10:40PM (Unverified) said

NCSoft has debunked this rumor filled story. Check it out here:

They arn't stopping free expansions and the player created content system is NOT a definite part of Issue 13..

Posted: Jul 28th 2008 8:27PM starka1 said

Glad I let my subscription lapse. Two free issues a year is not enough to keep my interest especially when they rehash so much content(power proliferation, instances with same map but different skins..booorringg). I'll wait until they release I13 before I consider coming back.

Posted: Jul 28th 2008 8:28PM starka1 said