Posted: Jul 23rd 2008 6:43PM (Unverified) said

They already make you pay $2.99 for a "free" buddy pass... Funcom has officially failed... Age of Conan will last a few more months and just fade away... Glad more MMOs are coming out to get me away from this terrible game...

Posted: Jul 23rd 2008 7:11PM (Unverified) said

You've gotta be kidding me...they are charging $2.99 for a LARGE download (their bandwidth does cost them) for those people who don't have access to the DVD for the game.

Oh, and last I checked, buddy key != free trial. If you're giving these to your 'buddies', chances are, they are gonna live close enough to borrow the DVD.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2008 7:13PM (Unverified) said

They pay for dedicated servers that have "unmetered" bandwidth... that means they pretty much have unlimited bandwidth... They can pass out the content for free... $3 is a rip off for a "free" trial...

Posted: Jul 23rd 2008 7:34PM (Unverified) said

"Glad more MMOs are coming out to get me away from this terrible game"

I'll be glad when they come out, too. Maybe then I will stop seeing comments from you, George (however unlikely that is). As we all have seen in endless comments from you, you cancelled your account, so what do you mean, "get me away"? You're "away", go somewhere else and be done with it! Unless of course you mean you didn't really cancel...which wouldn't surprise me, cause you're annoying like that.

"They already make you pay $2.99 for a "free" buddy pass". Only if you download it rather than borrow the game disc from your friend. Oh, I guess that means you have to pay; obviously, you have no friends. And if you do, I pity the hell out of them. They must be deaf and blind.

Your whining is endless - we get it - you hate AoC and Funcom. Move on already. Maybe you need a life first? Good luck with that.

Posted: Jul 25th 2008 7:26PM (Unverified) said

Those dedicated servers with 'un-metered bandwidth' still cost money. With downloads as large as Age of Conan, a user's session could be days before completing their download. With demand for those downloads having the possibility of being 5 downloads per one collector's edition customer, it probably costs a ton for the bandwidth. Bandwidth doesn't only refer to the amount of file transfer you can have per month, but also the amount of data you can push at any given time.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2008 6:48PM (Unverified) said

Wow, that looks... really ugly.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2008 8:11PM Kamokazi said

Yeah, that person has the graphics turned WAY down.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2008 6:56PM GenBanks said

It isn't a terrible game, it's lots of fun and I find it more entertaining than other MMOs I've played besides Eve (WoW, TabRasa, LotrO, EQ2).

Posted: Jul 23rd 2008 7:03PM Ayenn said

All of this noise... over nipples. talk about a de-evolving global society.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2008 7:10PM (Unverified) said

yeap let it go down to the abyss...

i can hear it shouting "noooooo... we're sorryyyyy..."

hahaha too late now!

Posted: Jul 23rd 2008 7:25PM (Unverified) said

Hehe humorous as it may sound, I actually appreciate that there are some whiners like ol george up there breathing down there necks. Sooner or later some developer at funcom is going to get the idea that it's just easier to change some of the content than listen to the "angry mothers that are too busy to pay attention to what there kids are doing" brigade. As long as there are the pixel boobie enamored out there protecting our rights i feel better!

Posted: Aug 3rd 2008 6:00PM (Unverified) said

Damn it! I hate to do it, but I'm going to have to agree with the above statement. The creepy video game nipple fetish people actually are protecting our rights in a weird, twisted sort of way. Makes me feel dirty though.

Make My MMO: August 24 - August 30, 2014

Posted on Aug 30th 2014 6:00PM

PAX Prime 2014: ArcheAge is a go for launch!

Posted on Aug 30th 2014 5:00PM