Posted: Jul 22nd 2008 10:17AM Crsh said

No matter how much I enjoy playing AoC at the moment, yes despite the bugs and lack of content at higher levels, the announcement of an expansion being in the works (for as early as first half of 2009) and the X360 version being on track makes me wonder how Funcom prioritizes todo's and issues.

I like the game, but I'm starting to truly despise Funcom.

Of course, if I were to repeat that current players are paying for them to beta-test and develop everything that's missing (and stabilize the game for a X360 release to boot), I'd have a not-so-crazy answer.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2008 12:09PM TwistedBishop said

Obviously they have a roadmap of work laid out ahead of them. However, the interview expressly states that the entire team is still working on the original release, fixing bugs and adding content. They're not ignoring today's problems to work on next year's port.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2008 10:38AM (Unverified) said

Why doesnt funcom fix the pc version BEFORE they even start thinking about the 360 version... I wish I had never spent $50 for this game... The company named FUNCOM is complete joke...

Posted: Jul 22nd 2008 11:09AM (Unverified) said

Just in time for the holidy season:

AGE OF CONAN: NOT SO BETA EDITION

Yes folks, now you can play Age of Conan in a semi-working state. Also included is an exclusive* in game item.

*exclusive in game item will be available to everyone in two weeks.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2008 12:33PM (Unverified) said

** tho you may get excluded from the in-game item

Posted: Jul 22nd 2008 12:42PM (Unverified) said

I have rabidly defended funcom since the aoc release, but the more I play the more I realize they don't give two craps about how the game plays, just how the can monopolize on its profitability before a big contender comes out.
The have consistently focused on "class balance" (e.g. nerfbat) and ignored huge massive game breaking bugs. Why? Cause if you level too fast you will see there's nothing to do after 80 and you may not stay with the game as long. So my two main characters have been nerfed back to tortage damage, my two friends that were playing the game quit (a guardian and a necro), and they have not even fixed the *(!@$ memory leak bug yet???
And who the hell releases a pvp based game without a pvp reward system in place?

cmon Warhammer beta key......

Posted: Jul 23rd 2008 4:05AM (Unverified) said

I guess the opportunity of getting "Keaira with a big candy cane" could renew a couple of subscriptions. :P

As for the add-on... erh. MMO add-ons are great, as they usually offer a more polished and better throught through content than the orignal game. However, with the current state of the game, Funcom seriously needs to wait a year or two before even considering an expansion. WoW took what? 2-3 year before they released BC?

Posted: Jul 30th 2008 3:03AM (Unverified) said

Why do I get the impression that they're just making a new box and throwing in all of the patches that should have been in the game before it went live and marketing it as a "holiday edition"?

FunCom can't code for crap and their PR is the worst in the business. But wow, is their marketing department amazing!