Posted: Jul 21st 2008 1:40PM (Unverified) said

Its a game I really want to like. But the shear amount of reading research you have to do before you can really play the game is daunting.

Posted: Jul 21st 2008 1:45PM (Unverified) said

I just started up. My buddies and me just about have the cajones to set up a blocade in low sec. Once you get even the slightest idea on how to fly a ship you can get a swarm of people with frigates out and trap people. I just got my first cruiser after 3 weeks of only light playing ($$ donations from random people), and I just sit back far away with artillery and blast the bejeesus out of people my buddies tackle at a warp gate.

Posted: Jul 21st 2008 2:17PM (Unverified) said

Cool.

I love to hear about people starting up and finding ways to survive and succeed.

Since you seem to be on the wrong side of the law, I think you'll like an EVE feature that should go live in about an hour from now.

Posted: Jul 21st 2008 5:06PM (Unverified) said

It's really rewarding to see that we can help new players, and make a positive difference on their experience in EVE.

Posted: Jul 21st 2008 11:58PM (Unverified) said

Hmmm... I would play, I want to play, I did play... I remember playing the 2 week trial, getting myself a cruiser and actually paying for 1 month subscription. But then I got sick of it and bored, and left pretty much after that...

Have not seen the new graphics and such, and I want to... But problem is that I don't know how you play properly. It is incredibly daunting imo. Wish there was just some guide out there that told you from when you get your ship to when the fun starts, provided you know all the basics. :) :)

Posted: Jul 22nd 2008 8:02AM (Unverified) said

that is the thing with eve there is not set course of progression

evey other game is level based and your goal is to get the next level then the next then the next

the best bet for enjoying and sticking with the game is finding a group of people to play with. I was fortunate early on me and a co-worker started the same weekend and we quickly got in with a group of guys (MD-K). Which we learned the ins and outs of PvP and have been at it ever since.

EvE rewards the ambitious and punishes the lazy

Posted: Jul 22nd 2008 12:06PM (Unverified) said

This game sounds great. It also sounds like you need to sink a lot of time and effort into it to really enjoy it. Too bad I don't have the time or inclination to do that anymore.